New York based Boom op help needed. For credit, 50 bucks a day.

Hi guys,

Anyone wants (or knows who might be interested in) joining in? 2 days in total. For Sunday, Nov 2nd and Monday, Nov 3rd. It is an indie, short.

I'm aware of the budget (or almost no budget) but I prefer not working alone on those 2 days and couldn't fight for more than this. 

Thank you,

Engin

ENG :" I prefer not working alone on those 2 days and couldn't fight for more than this. "

I prefer not working at all than dealing with this crap,  even though you are obviously getting a proper rate... right?

this is a POS, and the folks making it would be better off spending their $50 on some clue.

you'll be spending all your time and energy on training your students...

say, how about you take the total you get for sound (yours + the $50) and split it 50/50 with someone who has some experience ??  I've done that in the distant past, and it worked much better than your plan, which I've also tried!

I'll bet more folks would be excited about this if they knew it is being shot on a cool new camera, (especially 4K!!) or /and maybe being submitted to Sundance...  perhaps Slam-Dance ??

is it a really great story ??

a fun crew..?

is everyone else an experienced PRO, like you..?

no one else is getting paid except the Boomer... cause that job is so important..?

lunch from Subway ??  included ??

you mention "credit"... as Executive Producer ??

I know a lot more folks would do this if it were a "feature"...

tried CL and Mandy ??

maybe they should hire a real boomer with some experience, and get some students to watch the winky-blinky lights er, be the mixer... since no mixer can get good sound unless the mic is where it needs to be.

you'll be spending all your time and energy on training your students...

Hey Mike, by the way, how much do you make training and teaching students? It's not quite the same as a PSM, is it? Is it worth it? You obviously like teaching, since you can't even stop in your spare time while visiting this forum

Constantin: " by the way, how much do you make training and teaching students? "

while the obvious, and correct answer is: 'none of your business'

I don't mind telling you that it varies from school to school, and situation to situation.

" It's not quite the same as a PSM, is it? "

why would you think that..? 

in many ways, quite similar, actually... lo-budget schools, big-budget schools, union schools, some even have an allowance for 'equipment'.

being that teaching jobs are part time gigs, I'm also still active in the business

" Is it worth it? "

absolutely, though not just for the $$$.

engin: " the budget (or almost no budget) "  and some folks seem to think jwsoundgroup.net is now Craig'sList, eh?

JW'sList.com ??

Edited by studiomprd

Engin is a great guy, had the pleasure of booming for him on a 12 day shoot last month. If I wasn't booked over the weekend I would have been willing to help out

Believe me guys, I know that we have to work to maintain a proper rate structure, but as Senator mentioned, there is more to it than money. I'm sure if Engin found a young op willing to learn he would have taught him a lot, and there for worth the experience.