The Big Tentacle Sync Online Q&Q

soundrolling

There has been lots of chatter about the Tentacle sync timecode system and i originally did an email interview with the Tentacle Sync guys a few weeks ago that got a good response but left people still with lots of questions. 

So i have arranged for anyone who is free on saturday the 22nd to have a chance to explore more about Tentacle Sync timecode and get to ask their questions directly to Max and his crew.

The video stream will go live using the link below on the 22nd and you can always subscribe to my YouTube channel to get an email the day before.

If it's useful i can also record it all and post it up after.

Thanks.

I've implored them to explain further the software end of things..since post has a bit of say in whether to embrace the tentacles. Yeah you can sync files in their SW..but then what? And how in quantity?

Yes, some further explanation couldn't hurt here. As I understand it, the software syncs everything up and spits out a folder with the new video files. They work with multitrack audio, and as I understood it, all metadata is retained in the new files. For the editor it's basically like editing with camera audio

• 2 weeks later...

There has been lots of chatter about the Tentacle sync timecode system and i originally did an email interview with the Tentacle Sync guys a few weeks ago that got a good response but left people still with lots of questions.

So i have arranged for anyone who is free on saturday the 22nd to have a chance to explore more about Tentacle Sync timecode and get to ask their questions directly to Max and his crew.

The video stream will go live using the link below on the 22nd and you can always subscribe to my YouTube channel to get an email the day before.

If it's useful i can also record it all and post it up after.

Thanks.

This is happening today! (Tonight on this side of things). A must-see for everyone who is interested in this

Yeah it was good, And thanks Dennis, it was fun to contribute, at 1am for me here in Istanbul. We where over 4 time zones spread; me in the east, Tentaclesync HQ in Germany, Matt in UK and watchers with questions, like Jeff, from the USA :) . Nice that it all worked out like that.