Folding The "Underwear!" (Stringray Maxx/633 Mod)

cory

Damn, I wanted that :P but sending The bag to America is a bit much......

Yeah, the shipping will probably end up costing you more than the mod, unfortunately. However, I do have to say that ever since we modded the Stingrays they are out even more than they used to be (which didn't seem possible). K-tek really knocked it out of the park with these bags.

Hey Dave--

First of all, thanks for totally kicking ass. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

So far we've modded four :) Remove the insert, trim, and replace.

Conceptually easy, but hard in execution-- you need very strong thread and someone very good at sewing-- has to be done by hand.

So.. When you want it out how does it stay out? I'd be afraid that it would become floppy and not serve its original purpose.

The outer layer is still rigid, just the sides are collapsible. No floppiness. The mod makes the smaller bag work just like the stingray for the 664 works-- and I'm sure you'll hear about plenty of people who like it. As I've said, we've modded (5) now and everyone's very happy with them!

• 2 weeks later...

Two more happy mod'd-bag owners! I've had a few inquiries so I thought I'd post here real quick: If you want to get a small stingray modded before the New Year I'll need to get it by Tuesday of next week latest. Glad folks are digging it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Does anyone have an easy mod for closing off the boompole holes in the "underwear"? I use the pocket itself for headphones and find the original rounded shape gives a bit of extra space to clip on transmitters etc. But I'd love to close the holes off because I'm rarely if ever putting a boom through there.

Tips?

cheers, adam