Sonosax SX-R4+ and Sonosax SX-AD8+

VASI

From Sonosax,

Sonosax SX-R4+ and Sonosax SX-AD8+ soon unveiled. Although these new equipments were announced for the end of 2014, they will not be available before April 2015. Innovative ideas having occurred during the year, their development have been somewhat delayed. Develop products of the highest quality using advanced technology and respond closer to the user's needs is a challenge SONOSAX has successfully met many times in the past; releasing these equipments on the market within the expected deadline is by far not always obvious.

Despite these delays, we are pleased to announce that the new recorder SONOSAX SX-R4+ and the 8 channels preamp SONOSAX SX-AD8+ will be officially unveiled at Tokyo's InterBEE and during the SATIS in Paris. For those who could not attend these fairs we publish above a picture of the forthcoming SX-R4+

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow looks like a cool product sonosax. I like the 2 media support but wonder why both slots are on top. I like the touch screen, the size of the unit, the internal battery and the six faders. Could you output power to a receiver from that battery?

The big question is as always how much will that thing cost anyway? There is a lot of similarity to a 633 here.

Something I'm still not 100% sure from the description is if the knobs are actually faders or not. I'm also unsure how the external 8 preamp unit works and whether it's possible to mix these signals either (back into analogue line inputs?)

It'd be good if someone can get to either of these trade fairs and give it a good poke

I'm also unsure how the external 8 preamp unit works and whether it's possible to mix these signals either (back into analogue line inputs?)

Or why not use the 8 AES inputs? Thereby getting a total of 14 inputs, mixed down to two. Or at least that's what I am taking away from the description

The fader knobs on the recorder are mixer faders, I guess. Gain staging via menu (I guess guess guess...) and therefore the extension with 8 preamps will problably have 8 fader knobs as well. I guess... Oh and they will appear on the recorder's mix tracks as an insert (speculation speculation)

As I understand according with published (not all published specifications) specifications; in combination with Sonosax SX-AD8+ you can have:

14 Mic/Line inputs or 16 digital inputs or 4 mic / 2 line plus 8 digital in.

For 16 digital in: You can have the first eight digital in to the recorder. The second eight digital in to the Sonosax SX-AD8+ and after via Dante or Ravenna (?) going to the recorder (?). Hmmm lets see

You can power the SX-AD8+ via recorder.

Total dimensions: Sonosax SX-R4+ & Sonosax SX-AD8+

10cm x 20cm x 14.5cm (H x W x D)

I was under the impression you've got 16 channels, assignable to any of the ins (preamps, analogue, AES, dante/avb/Ravenna) and a couple of mix tracks. On the original R4 you can do any combination of the inputs (same minus dante/avb) routing to 8 tracks and can do 2 additional mix tracks (only mixed in the machine) to CF card

• 4 weeks later...

Bottom right. Maybe the new SX-RX4+ and SX-AD8+

QBE2014_02_400.jpg

Anyone has a better picture from SATIS or Inter BEE?

also there's another machine there which looks like it's got 2 knobs on the front (which was pointed out on another forum):

2ch audio tool "SX-AT2 +" (from a translation of the text)

2ch version of the SX-R4+ ?