FET Electronics (Burbank)

Philip Perkins

I asked about this repair company (guy, really) in an earlier post.  I ended up driving my sick DA78 down to LA from Berkeley (on a trip for other reasons) and took it to FET in Burbank.  Mark Naziry did all sorts of mods and fixes to my DA78, and it is working better than it has in years.  The DTRS and other tape formats may not be much of a deal to us anymore, but for me it does still come up for archive retrieval (DAT too), so it is good to have someone around who can still make those machines work.  His price was very reasonable I thought-much less than I had thought it would be.  I think he works on consoles etc etc too, and I saw a lot of vintage keyboard instruments (Farfisa, Emulator 1, Roland JP8 etc) waiting to be served too.  I have to say that for an out-of-towner like me dealing w/ FET was the positive side of the "LA tech thing"--finding someone with a great attitude who has the depth of experience and knowledge as well as the correct tools and setup that makes doing a task that is kind of beyond local techs up here look easy, partly due to the huge volume of work like that done in LA.

FET Electronics: 3129 Burbank Blvd, Burbank 91505  818-954-9656  fetelectronic@sbcglobal.net.  He gets gear shipped to him from all over the world, it looked like.

Philip Perkins