Can You Answer These 12 Common Grammar Mistake Questions?

al mcguire

• 2 weeks later...

4/12 : Grammar Rebel

You are a Grammar Rebel! For a Grammar Rebel like you, we bet this quiz drove you crazy! You are probably the one in English class that was always more worried about the “content” of your work than the “details”. Spelling, apostrophes, conjugations - who cares? You’re the one that would write a beautiful paper, only to receive a “C-“ because of that STUPID GRAMMAR! Fortunately, we are Grammar Rebels too (look at this response…it would drive the Grammar Masters crazy), so we feel you!

Hahahahaha

The only English class I had; it was when I was 10. After that based on my personal work. Movies help a lot; good production sound and mixing helps me to understand words and phrases.

good production sound and mixing helps me to understand words and phrases

That's very wise, even if you were just talking about how you learned English...

...because of an implication I've seen in my work: understanding words and phrases can make you a much better editor.

The best editors I've ever known had a good sense of writing and how dialog moves drama. Or think of guys like Murch and Thom... who not only edit, but also write intelligently about what they're doing.

(The worst editors I've worked with are strictly visual. They string dialog together according to the words on the script, with no sense of pacing or drama.)