Zax Wireless Lessons In The Field

cory

I had about 30-40 emails with Howy to identify one issue in the Maxx's transmitter. I sent my units back two times before and specially asked to fix it and no one has ever found that issue.  

Cory you can have a look yours: My Maxx's TX wouldn't work properly when external power is over 16.0V, as soon as the external power voltage drops under 16.0V,it starts to work fine and give a proper range. Other vise just as you described, it random drops off in a range less than one meter. What you described is very similar to what happened to me. Changed a new TX board did not fix the issue,I think something will be done on the Maxx's board.

If you still have the unit you should run a test and report to Zaxcom or Howy so they can work on it. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had sporadic problems with the Maxx tx as well. Haven't been Ble to debug it either. When sending to rx900s units the signal sometimes just drops out. Tried with multiple rx untis and same results. Rx units work fine with trx900/sta100 combo.

What's the information?

We have very recently identified an issue with the MAXX internal transmitter when the Maxx input voltage is above about 14Volts. It seems the fix is a simple one that will be released to dealers next week.

This fix relates to the signal not decoding on the receiver at close range.

Glenn

Please keep us posted Glenn. Looking forward to the fix. Thanks!

+1! In the future, will folks who register their Zax gear on website be informed via e-news? While JW and FB are great resources, they aren't the official place to get product information and therefore don't reach all users...

What a novel idea. Sorry, I shouldn't be cheeky. Yes. Auto-Contacting Owners via email regarding situations such as this, and software updates and such, would be, let's say... Much Appreciated.

As many zaxcom owners are aware, we often end up committing to being beta testers in the field, and contribute to the critical mass of trouble shooting. This we do because we believe in the products. At this point in the game, I think it's time that that effort be recognized and recompensed with an auto contact system, so that we can breathe a bit of a sigh of relief, and be confidant that we will be made aware of issues or software releases we might be interested in, by HQ directly.

We aren't using solid state nagra/fp32's or 442's anymore. We need to be kept informed DIRECTLY since development is dynamic. I will echo what Cory asked again, aimed to the manufacturer, whom has directly contributed to the thread now.

-Will Zaxcom be able to"contact US" directly in the near future regarding updates and hiccups?

Cory: " they aren't the official place to get product information and therefore don't reach all users... 8)

Field: " What a novel idea. " :wacko:

Rado: " I visit the zaxcom forum almost everyday and upgrade to the latest betas on all my ZAX gear. If I find something out I always report it to the facebook zaxcom group. "  ::)

It seems that the zax forum is the most reliable place to keep up with the changing software. Howy always posts the new version there, and a change log to let you know what's fixed.

I'd rather see Zaxcom focus on bug fixes and feature advancements, than waste time administering a constant stream of emails to let every user know of every update. Software changes very quickly.

I personally don't use Facebook, and don't want it to be the place for this info. The Zaxcom.com user forum fulfills that role.

It seems that the zax forum is the most reliable place to keep up with the changing software. Howy always posts the new version there, and a change log to let you know what's fixed.

I'd rather see Zaxcom focus on bug fixes and feature advancements, than waste time administering a constant stream of emails to let every user know of every update. Software changes very quickly.

I personally don't use Facebook, and don't want it to be the place for this info. The Zaxcom.com user forum fulfills that role.

Ok i'm gonna be harsh on this one but i got to say it. I find the experience of the zaxcom forum to be a nightmare. If the interface was more convenient for it would make information gathering much easier.

Ok i'm gonna be harsh on this one but i got to say it. I find the experience of the zaxcom forum to be a nightmare. If the interface was more convenient for it would make information gathering much easier.

Really? The new forum is so much better than the last one. Honestly best thing to do is Skype and speak to someone, if you can speak to howy it solves so many problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I don't think it would be a 'constant stream of emails'. If every Zaxcom product on the market needed a software update every day that would still only be about 10 emails sent as a mass group mail. And realistically, it's only a few times a month maximum that they'd need to send anything at all.

Plus Zaxcom clearly had something like this in mind when they asked us all to sign up to a mailing list. They just haven't done anything with it.

For mission critical stuff (like the recent DON'T USE THIS UPDATE thing for Nomad) it would be invaluable.

Only problem is you can be waiting a while, its a long time between stable versions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Indeed. Plus many of the updated functions remain part of beta versions only.

Minor bugs notwithstanding I don't think it's a major bind to send out emails when serious issues raise their heads.

Obviously I would rather Zaxcom spent their time devoted to testing new software and implementing new features and requests, but I also don't want to be caught trousers down on set by a major software or hardware quirk that I missed on the forums.

"Software changes very quickly." Exactly... That's exactly why an email notification is so valuable. You make my point and no offence, but, saying its a "waste time administering a constant stream of emails to let every user know of every update" how can you say it would be waste of time?? i call rampant conjecture. Furthermore, an email notification system, does not in any way resemble a "constant stream of emails". Not as simple as just hitting enter but, once set up, ballpark. this should be aided along. not discouraged or minimized. Besides, wouldn't you like to know immediately by email when a new erx firmware is available. Or a tweak you have been waiting for on nomad? you just being contrary for the heck of it?

Having an email system would in no way interrupt Howy or Glenn's work on products. The don't manage the website or server, the web admin does.

Instead of just Facebook or just the Zaxcom forum or just an email system, why not take advantage of every available communication method to notify users? An email, Facebook post, and forum post would all be welcome and effective, IMO.

Mark O.