CAS bylaw change vote

Philip Perkins

This isn't a CAS forum but I know a lot of the folks here are CAS members, so I'm asking this question here.  The current election is for a change to the CAS bylaws that will make it a rule that 8 of the 15 board members have to be re-recording mixers, and 7 have to be production mixers.  Is this sort of quota thing necessary?   Have I missed some contention between post and production, and if so over what?   Being on the CAS board is an honor for sure but it's also some little responsibility, are there really that many people from both camps that want to run?   

thanks

philp  (CAS)

The Cinema Audio Society By Laws have always had more Rerecording Mixers represented than Production Mixers. These By Law changes eliminates the non-voting positions of "Alternatives" to full voting Board positions. This increases the size of voting Board members, and the ratio stays the same.

The organization was formed in 1964 by Rerecording Mixers. It wasn't until the 80's that Production Mixers were allowed into the organization.