Where to buy Sony MDR-7506 in Cyprus

Mike Kujbida

In conversation with a video producer on another forum, she's interested in buying the Sony 7506 headphones but is not sure where to go to buy them as she lives in Cyprus and vendors are few and far between :(

Ideally it would be a somewhat local place to avoid horrendous shipping charges.

All replies gratefully appreciated.

Mike

They ship to everywhere except Iran, Syria and a few other countries they don't like. They like Cyprus! Whats not to like! I'm sure that shipping charges are part of the package when buying pro gear in Cyprus.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/49510-REG/Sony_MDR_7506_MDR_7506_Headphone.html

What's not to like are the extra charges when shipping to a different country. I checked at B&H and the headphones are $84.95, shipping is $75.60 and tax and duty is $70.82 for a grand total of $231.37.

Can you say ouch :

Mike

Thats insane, I had no idea that would be so expensive. Makes me feel fortunate to live where I can get these things locally.

UPS has always been a big rip off if you buy something from another country. I once got a $40 order from Markertek and UPS hit me with an additional $30 "brokerage" charge to ship to Canada. Now I only use FedEx as they don't add these charges - or buy in Canada if I can find the product for a fair price.

Vasileios, can you buy a product such as these headphones and not get hit with all kinds of extra charges such as these?

Mike

For shipping maybe. For VAT yes. I will give an example.

If you are VAT register (in Greece) and you buy headphones (from Italy) then it's not necessary to pay VAT. But if you buy from GR you must pay VAT.

Thomann.de is very popular here because for orders over 300€ you have free shipping and has prices inc. VAT. Another example is the new Tascam DR-70D. From Thomann has 300€ (inc. VAT & Free shipping) since from GR has 300€ without shipping.

Check out the B&H equivalent in other countries, such as this place: http://www.musicstore.de

They will deliver pretty much anywhere. The cost should be a lot lower, especially when you're located in the southern part and thus in the EU. Is the northern part in the EU as well?

Edit: Vas posted pretty much the same as I was typing

But if you buy from GR you must pay VAT.

But you will be able to reclaim this VAT. And you don't even need to be registered for VAT. But you do need to be registered as a company or freelancer.

Although this registration for a VAT ID is required to be able to purchase something without VAT in Italy.

This forum is great!!  Thanks to everyone for the replies, especially Vasileios and Constantin for the European side of things.

The producer who asked the question hasn't been back on the video forum lately but I've been posting the information from here in the hopes that she'll eventually see it.

Mike

I don't know what shipping restrictions Amazon has, but the Sony consumer model MDRV6 (almost identical to the MDR7506) are currently on sale for $50 cheap. ( free US shipping)

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRV6-Stu...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

These shipping restrictions are not Amazon's, or Trew's or whoever's, they are Sony's. But in this case, I don't think there are any restrictions