Neoprene pouches for tx

chrisyking

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, the thread started 3rd december...

i was just responding to the posts from then...

As for xmas spirit, my school was run by Jesuits, 50% of my friends were Catholics and Protestants, and the rest were Muslim/others. My high school was also a Catholic institution... that's 17 years of my life. :)

Yet, as for me, i am a worldly guy, you're right... Give me cake, give me wine and i shall partake gladly...

merry merry everybody... 

Sorry Vin, you sound like a nice guy, wasn't a dig.

Merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Holidays everyone. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this board. You've all been very generous answering my stupid questions.

I'm a full on atheist, but i bloody love xmas all the same. And Rudolf, well what's not to like? 

Best crimble wishes to you all!!

Sherry anyone?

Get Vin to bring you his spice pouch and you will forget about the radio mic pax completely. He makes the best curry in town. I know - I have been there ;-))

sb

... Give me cake, give me wine and i shall partake gladly...

merry merry everybody... 

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious with regard to the obsession with pouches - are these just for transport and storage or is it for when the TX is on talent as well?

Because in nearly 25 years I have never put a tx in a pouch and other than a few minor cosmetic scratches I haven't had any issues. I would think that keeping a tx in a pouch during operation would cause the unit to heat up which can cause all sorts of issues.

Just wanted something i can keep the TX in so when it's on the talent or in my mixer bag it doesn't get scratched. I just bought Wisycom and these units are 2.5k each new so I want to keep them nice and scratch free for as long as possible. 

Also if the talent drops them on to a hard floor It's nice to have some shock absorber for the internal components.

Just curious with regard to the obsession with pouches - are these just for transport and storage or is it for when the TX is on talent as well?

Because in nearly 25 years I have never put a tx in a pouch and other than a few minor cosmetic scratches I haven't had any issues. I would think that keeping a tx in a pouch during operation would cause the unit to heat up which can cause all sorts of issues.

Jack,

Considering how awful the zaxcom clips are, I can not imagine working without pouches...

Your UM and SMQVs have better clips then trx900

You have good luck, my TRX900AA drops easily (I always use pax neoprene)