Max Hirtenstein

Folding Bag Cart v1.0

I'm finally happy with my mostly DIY bag cart. Ingredients: 1 Folding Magliner Handtruck, 2 complete C-stands, 2 C-stand mounts,  2 boom pole cases, 2 sound blankets, shelf for the mixer bag, handles, pneumatic tires, and a Pelican on the bottom with all my mics and cables. The best part is that it all folds down and fits into a Pelican 1650 (minus the c-stands) for air travel, and I rarely need more than 1 trip to the car for most jobs. I thought some of you might like it!

post-4064-0-51112900-1417658703_thumb.jp

post-4064-0-42363400-1417658745_thumb.jp

post-4064-0-14531900-1417658808_thumb.jp

post-4064-0-63102200-1417658848_thumb.jp

AWESOME work, I have the same cart and was wondering if you could take some closeups of the boom grabbers?  I use a PVC pipe zip tied to the side (works just fine) but I'd like a better solution, a la quickfist, etc.  I also plan on getting the handles you have, as I'm not really liking the "arched" handles.  Again, great looking cart.

Really nice Max. The only issue I found using the boom tube method is it can be a little tricky getting the boom out in rooms with low ceilings. 

Very nice work! I'm working on a similar design, trying to keep things Corolla sized. Backstage used to make a very slick folding nose plate for their vertical carts. The increased stability would be nice. 3e038c1a06284850a3b9d3aa094593e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments everybody.

AWESOME work, I have the same cart and was wondering if you could take some closeups of the boom grabbers?  I use a PVC pipe zip tied to the side (works just fine) but I'd like a better solution, a la quickfist, etc.  I also plan on getting the handles you have, as I'm not really liking the "arched" handles.  Again, great looking cart.

Are you talking about the c-stands? At the top of the cart they are just stabilized a bit with quickfists. The boom poles in back are just strapped to the rails.

Absolutely "A" for effort Max but how did you engineer the Petrol bag to stay on the angle?

Just taking advantage of the natural floppiness of Petrol bags!

I've been thinking of going down this route for a simple omb cart that would allow me to cut down on harness/bag wearing time, and hold my poles/cases when on the move.

How have you been liking this set up? Anything you would change if you had to do it again?

Thanks for the reply.

I am actually asking about the stand base clamps/brackets featured in the 3rd photo.

5 hours ago, alenK said:

Thanks for the reply.

I am actually asking about the stand base clamps/brackets featured in the 3rd photo.

yes, these. good find.

Does anyone know what this C-stand "base" part is called and where it can be purchased?

IMG_1457.JPG

Thank you.

: