Folding Bag Cart v1.0

Max Hirtenstein

I'm finally happy with my mostly DIY bag cart. Ingredients: 1 Folding Magliner Handtruck, 2 complete C-stands, 2 C-stand mounts,  2 boom pole cases, 2 sound blankets, shelf for the mixer bag, handles, pneumatic tires, and a Pelican on the bottom with all my mics and cables. The best part is that it all folds down and fits into a Pelican 1650 (minus the c-stands) for air travel, and I rarely need more than 1 trip to the car for most jobs. I thought some of you might like it!

post-4064-0-51112900-1417658703_thumb.jp

post-4064-0-42363400-1417658745_thumb.jp

post-4064-0-14531900-1417658808_thumb.jp

post-4064-0-63102200-1417658848_thumb.jp

AWESOME work, I have the same cart and was wondering if you could take some closeups of the boom grabbers?  I use a PVC pipe zip tied to the side (works just fine) but I'd like a better solution, a la quickfist, etc.  I also plan on getting the handles you have, as I'm not really liking the "arched" handles.  Again, great looking cart.

Thanks for the comments everybody.

AWESOME work, I have the same cart and was wondering if you could take some closeups of the boom grabbers?  I use a PVC pipe zip tied to the side (works just fine) but I'd like a better solution, a la quickfist, etc.  I also plan on getting the handles you have, as I'm not really liking the "arched" handles.  Again, great looking cart.

Are you talking about the c-stands? At the top of the cart they are just stabilized a bit with quickfists. The boom poles in back are just strapped to the rails.

Absolutely "A" for effort Max but how did you engineer the Petrol bag to stay on the angle?

Just taking advantage of the natural floppiness of Petrol bags!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...