Zaxnet wireless rerecording drift

Matthias Richter

normaly when using remix with my Zaxnet setup all TRXs play in sync together. Every now and then it happens that they are out of sync and I will get double sounds / echo.

Had actors in a basement doing a scene where I had some minor drop outs. Wanted to remix but 3 out of 5 takes had a TRX being off by nearly 1sec.

How long is a TRX holding stable TC without significant drift when NOT receiving TC over Zaxnet?

Thanks, Matthias

MR: " How long is a TRX holding stable TC without significant drift when NOT receiving TC over Zaxnet? "

based on the limited information you provided, I'm not sure you have even asked the correct question...

you really ought to be discussing your situation with Zaxcom's 24/7 technical support.

actually, I believe the question you posed has been answered here before, several times, plus in the spec's and manuals...

I can confirm the feature has been recently recovered. There was a problem with the newer TRX firmwares that Howy solved with the last 898B version. I did some tests and on my Fusion it works as aspected now.

As for the drift issue, I had it sometimes even when the feature worked before of the new firmware, but I'm not remembering which was the cause (though it was explained somewhere here or in the Zaxcom forum).

Matthias,

is the drift consistent or variable?

I had similar problem with one of my transmitter.

At the end I believe the problem was upgrading a few firmwares without formatting the internal card...

working with a Fusion here. The remix works fine most of the time. On that day I had like take 1+3+5 being out of sync and 4+7 in tune.

If it´s drift caused by the TRX not receiving TC for a while (talking 20min max I would say) I cannot rely on that feature.

• 2 months later...