Sonosax SX-R4+

pvanstry

• 2 weeks later...

Sonosax will be at the Rycote Excellence in Sound event at Bristol on 1st July:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/eis-16-excellence-in-sound-tickets-25319481250

I've also just had my R4+ back from Sonosax to fit the external 2.4GHz antenna and XLR5 output board- I bought a new antenna though (which is a spare for another manufacturer's product...):

13466043_10153521322891782_1089398419576713800_n.jpg

Hello i just updated to the newest firmware and now im having card speed issues had a complete crash the night before im using the san disk ultra 64g had no issues til i did the update last night had 1 card have the same issue but the backup card did work last night.Im running 4 channel 24/96 about 3 hrs plus time wise,Is there anyway i can roll back to the firmware? Cant afford anymore crashes.

On 26/06/2016 at 6:26 PM, kingkita said:

Hello i just updated to the newest firmware and now im having card speed issues had a complete crash the night before im using the san disk ultra 64g had no issues til i did the update last night had 1 card have the same issue but the backup card did work last night.Im running 4 channel 24/96 about 3 hrs plus time wise,Is there anyway i can roll back to the firmware? Cant afford anymore crashes.

Get in touch with Sonosax, they've recently updated the firmware (v2.2) to deal with some card issues in v2.1 (I had them with some sandisk extreme plus).  I've been using the 80MB/s 16GB sandisk ultra without issue.  It's possible to download older firmware versions from the website and roll back- they're on the same page as latest version

17 hours ago, Richard Thomas said:

Get in touch with Sonosax, they've recently updated the firmware (v2.2) to deal with some card issues in v2.1 (I had them with some sandisk extreme plus).  I've been using the 80MB/s 16GB sandisk ultra without issue.  It's possible to download older firmware versions from the website and roll back- they're on the same page as latest version

I just sent them a email and explained step by step the issues i was having for the 3 nights i was using it.yea i had zero issues til i did the update.

• 2 weeks later...

Firmware 2.3

- Fixed timecode bug (bad accuracy on SD2 card files only)
- Fixed SD card 'SPEED' error
- Fixed monitoring/output configuration (wasn't not always correct after a playback or after loading a user setting)
- Fixed take edition: medatada wasn't saved correctly
- Fixed alarm level: was active even when disabled
- Fixed take number generation (wasn't correct if a take was shooted with identical scene name)
- Fixed sound report: project files were mixed, false start takes were displayed
- Fixed system instability bug involving 4 channels output option card and sampling frequency changes
- Fixed monitoring bug for 4 channels option card and mix channels (wasn't mapped)
- Enhanced WiFi communication, added wireless channel selection (for Access Point)
- Added SX-AD8+ and SX-RC8+ support (to be confirmed)
- Minor interface bug fix & enhancement

www.sonosax.ch

I've had v2.3 on since monday after finding a bug with the output card- found there's a definite improvement to the wifi communication as when the page is loaded the device doesn't need to 'connect'.  On the other hand I find I do most metadata entry on 'tag last take' so is easier on the machine

On my side I found out that you really need to reset the machine's configuration, as well as the user setups after the update. If you don't, the UI of the machine will behave rather erratically...

This update v2.3 seems to fix all the bugs I reported after two months shooting with the R4+ on my cart. The two main bugs I reported were that the timestamp of the files on the card in the SD2 slot was inaccurate and that the Rec and Warning Beeps in the Headphones would play out full power when disabled in the UI.

Hello,

We find out a instability on the version V2.3. Please, do not use it, and go back for the previous versions V2.2, and reformat your SD cards.

We keep you informed as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jack

I was one who flagged this ytd after confirming the error. Worked on the 2.3 for the first time two days ago. We shot the 4 takes of the opening sequence and I played back to review and all I heard was pink noise and the playback meters all hitting the Reds. Did a factory reset and it was ok, but I had to review the playback after every single take, but it happened again about an hour later. It happened on both SD1 and SD2. I "updated" to 2.2 and tested it today and it was ok. 

P.S. I am really impressed by the speed of Jacque's response to my feedback. 😁👍🏻

Got me the same night too 6 channels of noise Levels looked fine was running for about 4 hrs came back to hotel found the surprise,I had the same exact thing happen ,I emailed him about the 2.3 soon as i had it happen he got right back to me.My issue with 2.2 is speed error issues,Now twice with 2.2 i have had the deck crash and lose everything or one card get the speed error issue and the other one do what it should and back it up,Put another card in same brand and get the next 2 hrs down no crash but all 6 of my cards now have done it like that. I had zero issues prior to that.Always seems to happen right at  20 mins sometimes 1 min into a show.Hope they can fix everything i personal just need the mono tracks not poly files and the speed card error addressed.Love the deck and Got some great recordings out of 6 shows i did get.

On 7/16/2016 at 3:12 AM, Soundmind said:

I was one who flagged this ytd after confirming the error. Worked on the 2.3 for the first time two days ago. We shot the 4 takes of the opening sequence and I played back to review and all I heard was pink noise and the playback meters all hitting the Reds. Did a factory reset and it was ok, but I had to review the playback after every single take, but it happened again about an hour later. It happened on both SD1 and SD2. I "updated" to 2.2 and tested it today and it was ok. 

P.S. I am really impressed by the speed of Jacque's response to my feedback. 😁👍🏻

1 hour ago, RadoStefanov said:

This is where recording on the transmitter gives you peace of mind. I never worry.

Listening back to a test recording at the beginning of the day and (first/last) takes during the day is also recommended (however smug you feel about your RMs :-). And having a industry standard option for sending a (monitored) BU to camera is not so bad either.

1 minute ago, daniel said:

Listening back to a test recording at the beginning of the day and (first/last) takes during the day is also recommended (however smug you feel about your RMs :-). And having a industry standard option for sending a (monitored) BU to camera is not so bad either.

What is RMs?

22 minutes ago, VAS said:

It was a mistake firmware update. I am sure Sonosax working for a stable one. Nothing hardware failure so far.

Yep! 2.2 has been working perfectly without a single problem. After updating to the 2.3 I got corrupted files, so it was quite obvious that problem was with the firmware update. Now back to 2.2 and going strong!