Sonosax SX-R4+

pvanstry

• 1 month later...

Sonosax News - December 2017

https://www.sonosax.ch/sononews-december-2017/

Also, a new firmware update for SX-R4+.

Version 3.2 - Look here: https://www.sonosax.ch/product/sx-r4p/

CHANGELOG

• Fixed peak hold freeze problem (very rare, but can freeze the SX-R4+)
  • Fixed 23.976 & 29.97 timecode encoding
  • Fixed/enhanced SX-AD8+ and SX-RC8+ operation (spurious touch screen events when modifying SX-AD8+/SX-RC8+ pot positions.
  • Fixed input delays (wasn’t restored properly after a power cycle)
  • Fixed max file size parameter (was not saved/restored)
  • Fixed empty project bug (‘UNNAMED’ folder is created instead)
  • Fixed FAMILY_UID iXML tag, in order to solve an import problem with Pyramix with multiple files created due to the max file size file split
  • Added scene/take in the filename
  • Added AMBISONIC decoder, with A&B format recording/monitoring capabilities
  • Added AUTO WORKING DAY button in SETUP/SYSTEM/MISC that prevent working day screen to display at startup
  • Enhanced web interface (horizontal meters, system menu)
  • Minor interface bugs & enhancements

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Firmware

Version 3.3

• Fixed DC OUT button, was enabled even in the BATTERY and EXT DC tabs
  • Fixed metadata note edition: possible device freeze when note length is >32 chars
  • Fixed metadata in playback: wasn’t possible to remove false start status
  • Fixed metadata scene modification: take number was not always updated correctly
  • Fixed empty project: ‘UNNAMED’ folder could be created multiple times
  • Fixed track name edit: system instability when modifying the track name or color while recording
  • Modified WAV filename: replaced space with underscore chars (between filetag, scene and take)

https://www.sonosax.ch/product/sx-r4p

On 3/19/2018 at 12:09 PM, JAX said:

Hello,

Please, can you give us more infos, wich type of cards? Wich configuration? It is new cards?

Please, send email to sonosax@sonosax.ch

Best,

Jacques

San Disk ultra 64g running 6 channels 24/96 Cards are the same ones ive been using.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm looking to invest in the R4+ and I'm in the middle of planning my kit to be. It will consist of the R4+, two Wisycom MCR42 and some IFB and so on. My question now and my Google-fu fails me with this one.

Do anyone of you know if it would be possible to power the two receivers successfully by just using a Hirose split like this one http://www.hawkwoods.co.uk/Prods/Product/LA-18 going out from the R4+? Will the power be sufficient? I'll also use an external smart battery together wth the internal one.

I will not be using the RC8+ but I know that's a good power distribution alternative as well.

Hi, I'm looking to invest in the R4+ and I'm in the middle of planning my kit to be. It will consist of the R4+, two Wisycom MCR42 and some IFB and so on. My question now and my Google-fu fails me with this one.

Do anyone of you know if it would be possible to power the two receivers successfully by just using a Hirose split like this one http://www.hawkwoods.co.uk/Prods/Product/LA-18 going out from the R4+? Will the power be sufficient? I'll also use an external smart battery together wth the internal one.

I will not be using the RC8+ but I know that's a good power distribution alternative as well.
According to the MCR42 manual the receiver draws 1.5 watts maximum, and the R4+ outputs ca 7 watts maximum (0.6 amps @ 12 volts), so a Hirose-split cable to two MCR42 receivers should be fine I believe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

works for me:

SONOSAX LC8+ control surface with faders for the SX-R4+.

We have many request for a control surface, and we are working on.

We have 2 options for this accessory, a small and compact with limited figures, or a most complete, but for sure, it will be bigger.

We attach a drawing of the first and compact option, on the same size of the SX-R4+. This device will come with an connector box, to be able to use on the following possibilities:

- SONOSAX SX-R4+ with LC8+
- SONOSAX SX-R4+ with AD8+ and LC8+
- SONOSAX SX-R4+ with RC8+ and LC8+

Please, tell us what do you think of this project, if for you is realistic, or too limited.

With our best regards

25 minutes ago, Derek H said:

Too small I’d say. Better to focus on the full featured panel first. 

Yeap

My suggestion was:

- Twelve faders (100mm)
- Twelve rotary pots (trim, pan, output level / user adjustability)
- Dedicated Solo / PFL buttons

- Transport controls (record, play, stop, pause, timecode, metadata / user adjustability)
- Power via Hirose or AA batteries
- Slate & Tone Switcher
- No plastic
- Not necessary the same size as R4+

It's not necessary to be the same size as R4+, based most cart mixers has 1U rack receivers or monitors installed to their carts. Cantarem II is a good example; but dedicated transport controls, trim pots and PFL is something crucial is a mixing surface.