pvanstry

Sonosax SX-R4+

One of the many strengths of the SX-R4+ is how teeny tiny it is (I'd much rather carry around a SX-R4+ all day every day than a 688, Deva, or an X3), so in a way it is nice they're designing a compact one to match it. (but they've mentioned it could be expandable, for those who want it bigger)

I disagree. If you need tiny you’re not going to be using a control surface. If you need a control surface you’ll most likely have at least 19” width available. 

On the the Facebook post about this there’s a bunch of music people who seem to like the tiny fader panel. I tend to think those folks should just use one of the 1000s of other quality products made for music recording and Sonosax might focus on making a control surface that uses the full potential of the recorder and completes the package for production Sound mixers interested in this recorder. 

Personally I like the super small fader panel.  I have stayed with my mix8 instead of an oasis mainly because of the size.  There are 4 main things I'd love to see on a small control surface.

Transport controlls

Trim knobs

PFL buttons

Slate /com button

1 hour ago, Wandering Ear said:

Personally I like the super small fader panel.  I have stayed with my mix8 instead of an oasis mainly because of the size.  There are 4 main things I'd love to see on a small control surface.

Transport controlls

Trim knobs

PFL buttons

Slate /com button

I'll love a Mix8 with pfl, slate and transport, a add on or new one

A small +- as cantarem, 14/16 faders( less for a 16 track recorder i don't understand) just faders the rotary gain pots, trasnport, solo, metadata etc  are on the SX-R4+ , or through the app, i don't need them duplicated.

And a second with 16 faders, pots, transport, metadata etc. As cantares or zaxcom mix16.

But the importan thing is, now please , please. As we say in Spain:  La necesitamos para ayer  (we need it for yesterday.