Deva 32

Jeff Wexler

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.audinate.com/products/dante-enabled

Yamaha, Anton, Sound Devices, Bose, Shure, Lectrosonics, Sennheiser and many etc.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Yeah, if you want to count the small ones, too... Just kidding

Of course, many are adopting Dante, but just surprised that many others aren't.

Didn't Yamaha insist on its own mlan just a few years ago?

Yeah, if you want to count the small ones, too... Just kidding

Of course, many are adopting Dante, but just surprised that many others aren't.

Didn't Yamaha insist on its own mlan just a few years ago?

Hi Constantine,

Several of those companies had or still have their own networking method but Dante is becoming a standard so they climbed on board. Peavey, for instance, was big on Cobranet for many years and I think they had an interest in it. We have found Dante to be very easy to use, almost plug and play. You can buy a Dante software license for $30 that turns PC's and Mac's into Dante nodes using a standard sound card. They even sell one day licenses for $4(!)

Yeah, I wish we were one of those "little" companies but we do have pretensions.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Larry, any chance of Lectrosonics joining the Dante group anytime soon? Seems to me an updated Venue would be a prime candidate.

Lectrosonics is already on board with Dante, but just don't have a production sound product yet.  I sometime come across BSS Soundweb or Biamp type processors in my embedded controls consulting business, but always thought that the DNT0212 would be lovely to try out.

Lectrosonics is already on board with Dante, but just don't have a production sound product yet.  I sometime come across BSS Soundweb or Biamp type processors in my embedded controls consulting business, but always thought that the DNT0212 would be lovely to try out.

Here is one of their Dante Products: 

http://www.lectrosonics.com/US/DNT0212/product.html

Just got done with a reality / contest show with 10 pairs of contestants standing up from their places in a crowded church venue. Plus hand mics for the hosts and a few key cast wired and a stereo pair for the audience and room fill. Generally, though, most scripted should never need this, but some forms will still demand a wireless bonanza.

Generally, though, if they want a bonanza, then they should have a budget that can afford the sound sup to specify a proper equipment buildout to handle it. It would be nice in precisely those situations to have a company like Zaxcom who have put a lot of research and development into creating a large scale multitrack and multi-wireless system.

When it's a situation that may call for 20+ wireless mics, I would be thrilled to be able to spec a system that also has deep integration of wireless coordination and remote tuning. I spent a good half day or more at each location coordinating and dialing in my Lectro venues, tuning and testing bodypacks and assigning cast.

Time will tell how/if Zaxcom proposes this type of integration to work. While it's still (p)re-designing time, it would be great to have a Deva control hub dialing the RX12(s) and auto-tuning, naming and time-coding bodypacks, with track-labeled ISO backup files being written on each bodypack.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Oh! OK yes that was a bit silly, how about $20k? :)

That's closer to the mark. Pricing is still not final, but the digital mixer just by itself will be around $15k, and the package with the recording module, computer and monitor/touch interface, would be around $20k

QL1

100-240V 50/60Hz

Power consumption 135W Dimensions W 468mm(18.4in ) H 272mm(10.7in) D 562mm(22.1in)

Net weight 14.7kg(32.4lb)

135W! Is there a toaster slot option. :)

Deva 32 ??? Watts

LCD Screen ~ 25 watts

Interface computer ~ 25-100 watts

The QL-1 has two slots.. Haven't tried making toast yet and my meter reads it pulling 60watts with everything lit all the way up.