Equipment hopes for 2015

RPSharman

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am. I believe you turned me on to it in another thread. I totally think its the way to go (with our specialty equipment as well).

Ooh, that'd be great! Unfortunately, It seems like StageTech has discontinued the stand-alone version of the converter and it now only features in their rather large mixing consoles. Although I believe they licence their tech to other companies.

They are now claiming a dynamic range of 158dB! That is incredible

Perhaps more distant than 2015... But I'd love to see my fader moves recorded as automation metadata. Would allow post to very quickly fix a too slow/too severe fader move without starting from scratch. Maybe even editable on recorder via waveform view/touchscreen.

i'm not sure but does cantar do something like this - record fader moves and remix?

if screens on recorders are getting bigger (or using tablets) a wave form monitor option would be nice.

d

Tom already mentioned the Sound Devices 322T. 

Something I would be pleased to see is something like a mix-preD with recording ability.

If possible in similar form factor two mic/two line would be nice. 

But most importantly something really small that could come in handy when light traveling is needed and that also 

could be used as a back-up device. 

302 size Sound Devices 4 channel mic in mixer-recorder + HPF adjustable AES42

and of course without unnecessary AA battery tube.

Sennheiser 2 channel bodypack diversity receiver, compatibility with G3 and 2000

Sennheiser company crew correct mkh 8000 series cold and humidity problems !

i'm not sure but does cantar do something like this - record fader moves and remix?

if screens on recorders are getting bigger (or using tablets) a wave form monitor option would be nice.

d

On the screen option something mentioned in the sonosax thread was an hdmi output for recorders with smaller screens.

Some of the more expensive monitors have audio monitoring options (but may also require an sdi embedder), blackmagic do a more expensive one with scope options

Sound Devices redesigned update to replace the 744 model.

633 form + advanced power management/storage with 4 inputs of 7 series pre-amps. ;D

+1

and please may I have some more sir: multi-fader linking & A-format monitoring & precise gain matching. As an aside, I am really curious just how many new 744ts they are actually selling these days...

As an aside, I am really curious just how many new 744ts they are actually selling these days...

There was a time when I was convinced that SD would drop the price of the 744t by $1000 just to stay competitive with Tascam and some of the other lower-end manufacturers, but it hasn't happened yet. 

Repeating for three years now: An 8-channel receiver system in a single rack space would rule.

I'd love to see an 8-channel or even a 10-channel Venue in about the same size factor they have now... but with the L-series 3-block range and Dante connectivity. It seems to me that the LR receivers might actually be a little smaller than the Venue VRT modules were, particularly when you omit the power supply...

Repeating for three years now: An 8-channel receiver system in a single rack space would rule.

gt

I call your request and raise the anti.

Zaxcom RX12:

12 channels in half of a single rack space with tracking filters and 200MHz operating bandwidth.

Glenn

All 12 receivers must be within the 35MHz filter window that is continiously tuned between 512MHz and 700MHz.

Both the individual receivers and the RX12 frame tune the entire range. This eliminates the need for specfic hardware that can only work in a single block.

This is the most flexible configuration as it protects against interference and still tunes anywhere you want to operate.

Glenn