new firmware under the tree

mirko

Hello
I'm almost new on this forum, I'm an Italian sound mix.
Now that Deva and Fusion are officially discontinued, I hope that Zaxcom not forget to update the firmware.
I hope to find under the tree for my fuzion 12:
Nverclip
AutoMix
Support for FP8
Trin indicators in the main display
Compressor indicator in the main diplay
Did I forget something?
Someone has information about it?

I kinda thought that discontinuing a product pretty much includes firmware development

Well, yes, and no.

For instance, all the Zaxcom TRX model transmitters can benefit from features in newer versions of the firmware that work across the TRX line, including discontinued models TRX900, TRX900AA, TRX900LT, TRX900LA, TRX900LANC, etc. 

Well, yes, and no.

For instance, all the Zaxcom TRX model transmitters can benefit from features in newer versions of the firmware that work across the TRX line, including discontinued models TRX900, TRX900AA, TRX900LT, TRX900LA, TRX900LANC, etc.

Yes, that's true. But do Deva and Nomad share firmware, too?

But I meant, mostly, that Zaxcom will likely not develop new features for a discontinued recorder, especially if it needs its own firmware

Yes, that's true. But do Deva and Nomad share firmware, too?

But I meant, mostly, that Zaxcom will likely not develop new features for a discontinued recorder, especially if it needs its own firmware

That's why I said "Well, yes, and no." I was just pointing out that there are exceptions.

There have even been instances where a company will issue software updates to a discontinued product. Typically, these are final maintenance updates.

A person might not have predicted that the Fusion and Deva would share the same firmware. However, my guess is that the Deva 32 will be a significant enough departure that it will have entirely new firmware.

We'll know eventually <G>.

That's why I said "Well, yes, and no." I was just pointing out that there are exceptions.

Sure, there always are. They exist to prove the rule.

Maybe I should rephrase:

To the OP: It's best not to get your hopes up. While it is not impossible, it's unlikely there will be any new firmware. And if there will be a maintanance update, it will probably not include any new major features. Although it may...

• 2 weeks later...