Zaxcom TRX 900 bag setup?

kmolli

Hi everyone!

I just got a Zaxcom TRX 900 Stereo set for a test and was wondering, in a bag setup, where do you keep the transmitter with the STA 100 adapter? I´d like to use it as a camera hop, but I can´t figure out a good place in my bag to rig the transmitter. My Camrade bag consists of a SD 442, 2-3 Lectro 511´s and an Ambient NP1-Frontloader. Not very much room for anything else.

The STA 100 has the cabling coming out of the backside and I find it a bit difficult to place the tx somewhere safe, so I could keep an eye on it and I also wouldn´t break it... Anyone have any homemade cases/pouches for it? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Klaus

Finland

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished a reality show where we used the TRX 900. We had two different bags the petrol bag and the prota-brace bag. We were using a 442 with four 411's the 900 and an ifb all powered by a single NP-1 thru a Remote Audio's BDS. We velcroed the 900 on the inside of the porta-brace bag's front pouch (outter side facing inward) and it worked well leaving plenty of space for the connectors and other things. On the petrol bag we put the 900 in the far left elastic strap (rear) with the power and input toward the front of the bag to give access to the connectors. Both of these worked well and made for easy access if needed, but didn't needed to access except when new city freq changes.

I hope this helps.

I have had the same experience, a local tech is making a sweet little sturdy 5-pin (a-la Lectro) for Zax transmitters.

But, here is a quote from Lectro Larry himself-

"By the way, we have finalized a compact right angle TA5F or TA3F

machined metal connector that can be turned in any direction. It will

work on the SR wart, the SR bottom adapter plate or our 5 pin

transmitter connectors. The plastic right angle is history."

I can't wait to see it!!

-JP

I took a piece of aluminum and had it bent to make something I call the Zaxcom Stereo Bar.

Very easy to make, and sits firmly in the bag.

~Thomas Popp

ive also made up a similar bit of aluminium for my tx. you can also see my customised stereo adaptor with a right angle lemo connector, which i thought was a good idea to do at the time but was in fact quite scary to fit, mostly cos of the thought of potentially damaging something that was working perfectly well because i dont think ta5's are that sturdy. and it was an idea that i came up with when i was quiet on the work front.

post-186-130815078426_thumb.jpg

Larry has responded to an email I had sent to him over on RAMPS on the availability of these right angle connectors. Thanks for bringing that up Jason.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.movies.production.sound/browse_thread/thread/3e9ea56caf336493?hl=en#

I like how they are incorporating the ability to make TA3 or TA5. They are a bit pricey, however.