Last Chance to RSVP for 2015 RAMPS/JWSound NAB Party

Jim Feeley

The annual RAMPS/JWSound party will again take place on the Tuesday night of NAB. So that's:

Tuesday April 14, 2015

Start time: 6:30pm 

Stop time: 9:30pm 

We'll be at the Satay Thai Bistro, same place we've used the last few years: 

http://sataylasvegas.com 

$30 gets us a buffet of Thai and other asian dishes, including a couple vegetarian dishes (see menu PDF in LarryF's post below). That price includes tax and gratuity. Money will be collected at the door and payment is required to get into our area of Satay. There will be a cash bar for drinks (reasonable prices, iirc).

Kathy Baca of Lectrosonics is handling most of the organization (thanks Kathy!).

We need to know how many people expect to attend the party so we'll have enough food.

Key thing for now: Please RSVP so we know how many people to expect. 

To RSVP, fill out this short online form:

bit.ly/1CchR88

The form requires you to provide a secret word that helps us filter out spambots. This year, that secret word is an increasingly precious resource:

spectrum

Thanks and hope to see you all in Vegas in three short months!

Oh, One More Thing. The founder of the RAMPS/JWSound dinner will be joining us for this 25th Anniversary Party. So give it up for the hosting stylings of MC Eric Toline.

Signed,

Several of Us 

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year as fortunately I will be working. Best to all.

Richard: Boo! Yay!

Everyone else: This is a great time to RSVP...and doing so right after you read this message will take you one minute, and will help us get plans finalized. So come on... click on that link at the top of this page. :-)

I was thinking someone, maybe even me, should post something about the 25th Anniversary of the RAMPS party on r.a.m.p.s.. I browsed rec.arts.movies.production.sound newsgroup today and it sort of looks like the group has become just a BUY and SELL site with a few discussions in between. Kind of sad. Maybe not necessary to let the RAMPS crowd know because there may not be a RAMPS crowd anymore.

Jeff Wexler, on 23 Jan 2015 - 6:17 PM, said:

I was thinking someone, maybe even me, should post something about the 25th Anniversary of the RAMPS party on r.a.m.p.s.. I browsed rec.arts.movies.production.sound newsgroup today and it sort of looks like the group has become just a BUY and SELL site with a few discussions in between. Kind of sad. Maybe not necessary to let the RAMPS crowd know because there may not be a RAMPS crowd anymore.

Actions speak louder than words. I just posted the short version about the party on RAMPS.

Sad indeed. But if there was no RAMPS would there be a JWSound?

So true. If r.a.m.p.s. could have avoided its own self-destruction we might still be posting there. It would have continued to show its age, the whole Usenet format was around for a very long time and was one of the few platforms we had for the sort of discussions we now have here on JWSOUND.

Oh dear god - hide the women and children.

Norflus, i'll be knocking at yer door and take over the kitchen and couch. be prepared. heh. 

Hope to be there! Looking forward to it Vin! The window between projects looks good right now!

Whit

will be great to meet you in person my dear friend!