Any of you also do webcasting/live events

orionflood

Just did one last night actually.  It was a small venue with a guest lecturer that was speaking to an audience, but they were simulcasting it to the web.  I was hired to record the on stage mics (2x Wireless headsets + 2 Wireless QA handsets).  So I spit out ISO's to my HS-P82, sent a stereo mix to the livestream guy, and then a stereo mix to a guy in the projection booth that was controlling the overall volume of the PA speakers (both the live stream and booth guys took stereo XLR feeds from my omni outpouts of my Yamaha).

Pay wise?  Sadly, the same as though I would have been running just the live show although I will say it wasn't much harder in that all I had to do was calibrate the volume of the mix being sent to the livestream guy and the guy in the booth, after that, I could mix to that calibrated level and it was rather business as usual.

I've done a couple of live corporate webcasts. Local crowd with their house system and 2 remote feeds. They were pretty simple--podium mic with a wireless handheld, a couple of faders for roll-ins, and two wireless handhelds for Q & A. Once a connection was established, the only problem was data buffering causing a couple of minor audio sync issues--but that was all downstream from me.  Since it was corporate, the money was great, and they were maybe 5 hours total each. If they're all like this, bring 'em on!

• 1 month later...