Monitor HD sdi soundcart, what is yours?

Arno93

Hi all,

I'm looking for a 7 inch hd sdi monitor for the cart. my SD one just crashed out and the to be in the "standard" I will go for the HD one avoiding video assist to provide a signal converter.

Some of camera assistant recommand AC7 sdi at 899$. As I just need a reference image I was wondering if the lower price ones were ok in term of quality/price ratio.

So may be if you have any suggestions. For me the principle matter is the non wireless possibility with an HD monitor expect if the camera assistant has several teradec reciever, wich is rare. The way to go seem to be with a nyrius system or a chinese copy of it and then it occure that you need to spend around 1300$ to have an picture on set.....is there another less expensive way I should know?

Thank you for your interest

The cheapest option really is the Smartview Duo from Backmagic.

Costs less than $500. Only thing of course, is that it's a dual monitor display vs the single display you may be looking for.

+1

Aside from the price, which is excellent for two HD monitors, they are rackmount which fits my cart nicely. Quality isn't bad either, i have these for about 6 months now and have been quite happy.

For those shoots without a second camera, I have attached an HD surveillance cam to my cart and put it on the second monitor. For fun, mostly, but it also helps to "see through" my cart

Delvcam and Marshall both make dual rack monitors that offer a variety of inputs. Pretty sure hdmi too. That said hdmi cable runs pretty much suck.

+1

Aside from the price, which is excellent for two HD monitors, they are rackmount which fits my cart nicely. Quality isn't bad either, i have these for about 6 months now and have been quite happy.

For those shoots without a second camera, I have attached an HD surveillance cam to my cart and put it on the second monitor. For fun, mostly, but it also helps to "see through" my cart

Constantin, what are you using for this?

I'm dealing with an interesting problem with an HD monitor right now. 

My main cart uses the BlackMagic Smartview Duo, which I've been very pleased with.  Their customer support has been great, too.

I just bought a new Delvcam SDI-7 for a third/small cart monitor, only to find that it doesn't support PsF signals - which the manufacturer only discovered this week when I was trying to sort out the issue. 

I'm still pursuing the issue with them, because it'd be a great little monitor - if only it supported the format that I'm most often given from video assist!

Ive had the black magic monitors for about a year and a half. My first set, one of the monitors stopped working within about six months. BM replaced it for free, but it took a long time (+/- 3 months). The second set started flickering after a few months. The connectors on the back are soldered directly onto the circuit board and are fragile. I have them wired to a bnc patch bay on my cart so I never have to interface directly with them, but I still find them buggy, even with matched impedance on the cables and pass-throughs. I advise against getting these. I'll be getting a set of marshalls pretty soon.