I was sold a fake MKH-416

harlowsound

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid "It's a 416"

Arnie "IT'S NOT A 416!"

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the armies of the North, General of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true Emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my 416, in this life or the next."

I was sold a fake 416 on Ebay from someone in China (I was a fool, I know.) Unfortunately I didn't find out until after the 45 day reporting period, so I couldn't do anything about it. Be smart and buy your mics from a reputable dealer, don't fall for the "deals" on Ebay, etc. And NEVER buy A microphone from China!!

Collect From the Debtor's Wages

Collect From the Debtor's Bank Account or Safe Deposit Box

Putting a Lien on the Debtor's Real Property

Putting a Lien on the Debtor's Personal Property

Putting a Lien on a Lawsuit that the Debtor Has Against Someone Else

Getting a Writ of Execution

These are some of the methods used to satisfy a judgement .....  One thing that also is a by-product of losing a case in Small Claims court is a BAD mark of the persons credit report... It shows an unpaid judgement against them... Until judgement is satisfied... Creditors strongly dislike seeing that one.

One note, if the person IS married, file against them BOTH... This way the judgement goes against BOTH credit reports and makes it much harder to dodge the inevitable...

None of this is difficult, but can consume some time... A small price to be paid for a pissed off human...

I am 4-0 in SCC...... Taking down some heavyweights in the process.. (Corporations,  Airlines etc.)  Very satisfying I must admit...  If the Corporations lose, they pay quickly... Never be timid in regards to getting your situation straightened out...Small Claims court is an excellent  way to satisfy your being wronged in most situations. That's why it's there...

There was a story about sound recordist in Scotland several years ago that was having trouble getting payment from BBC Scotland - in the end he got a court order and froze all of the BBC bank accounts in Scotland so they could do nothing at all - they biked the money to him within hours. 

Larry, can you send me some Lectrosonics decals? I can fake my own serial numbers. My guys in China are almost done making my line of knockoff SMQV's. I'll make dozens of dollars on eBay! These are the current cases:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141015048072

Hi Todd,

$29.00 ! ???!

Of course there are no FCC markings either, but that's no guarantee anymore, even if they had them.

I, of course, would send you some decals in the blink (wink?) of an eye except we laser mark our cases. Sorry we can't help with your money making scheme since after selling 200 of those, you surely would make enough money to buy an SMq in friendly repayment for the decals.

Here to help,

Larry F

Lectro