From reading a few other threads it would seem there are quite a few soundies who like bicycles, so i thought it might be fun for people to post up pics of their rides.

I'll go first.

I'm a big fan of mountain biking. Probably what I like to do most when not working. I've had many different bikes over the years, but right now I've got two main bikes that I ride:

It's winter in Canada and that means snow ! nothing beats the traction of a fatbike.

post-55-0-39416500-1422293423_thumb.jpg

Thats my Norco Bigfoot 6.2. First winter with it and it's a blast ! Tires are 4.5 inches wide ensuring good traction on the white stuff.

post-55-0-36057900-1422293399_thumb.jpg

Thats my pride and joy, Santa Cruz Blur LTC.

I bought the frame and built it up myself.

Highlights include the Fox 32 Talas front fork, Easton Haven wheelset with Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires, Truvativ Noir carbon fibre cranks (with Race Face bash guard for good measure)and handlebar, SRAM X0 rear derailleur and brakes, Chris King headset, bottom bracket and Thompson stem.

It's a sweet ride.

Post up your bikes !!

The fat bikes have been out in this snow! I kinda want one. I have an early 2000s Cannondale F500 MTB I don't ride nearly enough.

The bike I really use most is this M500 I made a 1 speed. It's an older Cannondale that's from when they were hand made in Pennsylvania. I think my next bicycle will be a custom-built, partly because almost nobody makes frames for guys 6'7". I have friends that build frames in Philly, and some of them make the frames on my Dad's old metalworking machines, so that would be kind of cool. post-876-14223839197825.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Stripped down KHS, sandblasted frame with clear coat and old 1 inch manitou shock. My commuter, and don't have to worry about anyone stealing this beast.

And my Gary Fisher with V brakes... Works for the cross country trails in my back yard here in Boise but definitely need to upgrade. Hopefully when we shoot the next Where the Trail Ends, I can get a hook up...

post-7524-0-37383000-1423749721_thumb.jp

post-7524-0-95164200-1423749808_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...