Backpack recommendation for Cinela windshilds?

Masaki Hatsui

How do you guys carrying these voluminous and rather fragile cages?

Their original case is sophisticated, very frenchy but not so practical.

I am looking for a backpack which is easy to carrying Cinela Zephyx or Piano windshields for documentary style shooting. It seems those DSLR camera bag is too small, too many deviders which is useless for us.

I really appreciate If you guys have any recommendation.

Masaki

I ve been asking this question for a long time..unfortunatly i never found the right solution..i ve now a 5.11tactical backpack wich can fit my zephyx case but theres not much space left  after that.

the best solution i found so far is hanging the case by the loop at the bottom at the bag made for sleping bags..works well if you don't have to run and you have to put the bag flat on the floor when you take it off..

So most of the time i use a pelican case ...

very interessed if any one found a better way!

i've not used those windshields but and this might not be the solution if you are looking for additional protection but I'm a big fan of haglofs technical bags. They're really well designed, made and importantly (for me) they look really innocuous when commuting.

Perhaps a 'tight' (last season) or 'corker' might work?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91wsbcagNTL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.haglofs.com/en-US/products/backpacksbags/travel-gear/unisex/

You be surprised that cage is actually quite durable when Philipe was doing a demo he twisted the piano cage pretty good and it popped right back out to proper shape so its quite durable. I just put mine (pianissimo) on top of my mixer in my husky rolling case

My Piano got run over by a Toyota Highlander. Damaged yes, but my CMIT 5U didn't get a scratch. I ordered parts and repaired it myself. I was able to glue the damaged pieces back together for use as spares.

http://www.amazon.com/Rapdom-Tactical-Messenger-Bag-Coyote/dp/B00892LZZ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422369004&sr=8-1&keywords=rapdom+t311+tactical+messenger+bag

for even more storage you can add molle straps and aftermarket pals type pouches. there's a large swath of velcro fuzz on the top to attach rip away type pouches.

if it appears to be short, vertically, there's a built in extender inside the main compartment that you can pull upwards so you can stack things upward and secure with a cincher, thus, there's more depth available: and there's enough adjustable length in the front belt to accommodate that.

this is the best bag of it's type i have ever owned.

Thanks folks for these inputs.

For those who haven't used the Piano Windshield, it is L=40 cm (15.75"), W (diameter)=17.5 cm (6.89"), around 20 cm (7.875") with swivel XLR plug.

It's huge, compared to "traditional" Rycote windshield (especially I use the size 2 for CMIT with shortend XLR end and it works well). 

Is there anyone using camera bags like Petrol or other company for these purpose?

Wondering if PC300 (seems like it's now Sachtler Bags SC300)from Petrol is suited for our job.

I use one of these as a backpack when im working out of the bag :- http://www.over-board.co.uk/classic-waterproof-backpack-20ltr-black.html. The main reason is its fully waterproof and it rains alot over here. I also know a camera man that used one for his lenses and it survived fully intact and dry when he was knocked overboard when filming in Guyana.

• 3 weeks later...