JBond

Nagra Stories Sound-men won’t ever tell

JBond   
34 minutes ago, MarkC said:

Could one of these Stellavox tape counters work on a Nagra IV-S? Can anyone suggest an alternate option? 

Peace 

MarkC

You can't mess up a Classic IV-S with screwing that counter to the deck. Well, you can, but should you?

Can I ask what you use the IV-S for?

Do you know the Nagra counter is settable? 

MarkC   

Hi JBond,

I use the iv-s for music recording. The Nagramaster is very useful for me and the sound is heaven. I am curious as to whether the wider heads would suit my purposes better, but I am content.

I was not aware the counter was settable, or should I say that it never occurred to me. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers

MarkC

Music recording. You have to be sure what the Nagramaster is doing to the high frequencies.

Personally I was never sure how the Nagramaster setting related to my CCIR machine ... certainly it's a setting on its own so no matter, but am I right in thinking it's based on NAB standards transposed?

MarkC   

To The Immoral Mr Teas, evidently you have answered my issue regarding my most recent work, the higher frequencies do tend to be emphasised, however this is ideal considering the majority of music comes from the double bass.

I am privileged to have this IV-S.