Tapatalk on iPhone | Constant redirection to App Store

JDirckze

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but lately when I peruse JWSound via Tapatalk, I am constantly redirected to the App Store, trying to get me to download some shitty game. It literally happens every minute. Super annoying!

Is it a Tapatalk thing? A JWSound thing? An iPhone thing?

Anyone know how to stop it from happening?

Cheers,

Jason

I haven't had that happen, but the Tapatalk redesign sucked, they posted an apology and then made it worse. It deleted all the forums I read, and my login info, and won't let me use it unless i set up a Tapatalk profile/account. I don't know if there is a direct #2 competitor to them, but this is a chance for that app to strike. 

At one point the app made it fast to read this site on my phone, but now it's easier to use mobile Safari. 

Is it a Tapatalk thing? A JWSound thing? An iPhone thing?

Cheers,

Jason

Definitely a Tapatalk thing. As you know, I am not a fan of Tapatalk or anything they do --- I have signed up to Tapatalk and always update the plug-in to provide access to JWSOUND for those who seem to LOVE using the site through Tapatalk. I have no control over what they do, the quality of the updates or anything else about them. I think the site's native (IPB) mobile browser detection and automatic selection of the mobile format works quite well for mobile users on all platforms and devices. 

I will contact Tapatalk and ask relay to them the annoying things that are happening for our members who use Tapatalk. The response, most probably, will be to send them money which is not something I am going to do.

I gave up on Tapatalk a few months ago. They improved it to the point that it wasn't usable. I'm using Opera Coast with JWS on the speed dial. It takes two more button pushes compared to the old Tapatalk and 30 less than with the current one.

Best,
Larry F

It's a mess, I agree, but I don't know what I can do about it. I hope everyone understands that the way Tapatalk works is that you choose to view and participate in any given Forum by letting Tapatalk login for you as a proxy. The contents of JWSOUND is then processed by Tapatalk and given to you by Tapatalk's servers. It's like you have a book in your hand and you decide that you don't want to read it yourself so you hand it over to a friend and ask them to read it to you --- no guarantee that they are actually going to read to you properly what's on the page.

[snip]

It's like you have a book in your hand and you decide that you don't want to read it yourself so you hand it over to a friend and ask them to read it to you --- no guarantee that they are actually going to read to you properly what's on the page.

And Tapatalk is using the Enigma Machine as an intermediary.

Best,

LEF

I do use tapatalk when I'm on location without my laptop, and I've found it to be enigmatic at best. The only site I have on there is JW, and navigation is truly baffling - I often just close it in disgust. I can only imagine what the interface is like if you follow several forums…

BK

• 4 months later...

Tapatalk not working anymore for me. 

Reinstalled it on iPad mini and now it says the forum is unavailable-try later.

On my iPhone it's stuck one week ago (won't update)...  Like it was on my iPad before I reinstalled it.

Well. Nobody's got this problem ?

"Reinstalled it on iPad mini and now it says the forum is unavailable-try later. On my iPhone it's stuck one week ago (won't update)...  Like it was on my iPad before I reinstalled it. Well. Nobody's got this problem ?"

Everybody will have this problem. Tapatalk is no longer installed on this site. Tapatalk does not have access to JWSOUND at this time. It's miserable software, it is highly un-reliable and has caused many problems over the years. I may re-visit the plug-in if and when Tapatalk "support" gets back to me on these issues. So, for now you will have to make due with the responsive mobile theme on your mobile device.

Ah. Glad I found this thread to explain the same issue: "Forum unavailable at this time"

thanks for playing, Tapatalk!

better luck next time.

And thank you, Jeff, for tolerating it all these years. I was one of the happy users of Tapatalk, but I'll just have to move on to another technology.

-Brian