3 QRX200 with 4 LA2.5 + 1 QRX100(BK25) with 2 LA2.6

mr.incandenza

I'm sure I read somewhere here that using the RF Multi SMA with the QRX200 is not recommended, as it overloads the front end of the QRX200, thus greatly reducing range. The reason the MicPlexer 2 is recommended is because it has a tunable 35MHz filter.

Having said that, I don't know of any way you can setup all those receivers tuned into different blocks, on only one pair of antennae, without making some sacrifices.

For example, if you have a pair of log periodic antennae, which are broadband and will cover the entire spectrum of your wireless, and use a two way passive splitter for each antenna to split the signal, one to the MicPlexer 2, and one to the QRX100 block 25, the MicPlexer will feed the rest of the QRX200s. The 2 way split will cause a theoretical 3dB insertion loss, so that would be the sacrifice in this particular setup. The loss may be insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but you will notice that your range on the QRX200s may be greater than that of your QRX100, due to additional gain that the MicPlexer gives.

There are other ways to tackle this, but not without some sacrifices.

• 5 months later...

Wandering Ear, do you have a thread illustrating your mod of the Lectro splitters? I'd love to know how you did that.

I didn't really mod them so much as just combine them.  The faceplate with the bnc's on them has all you need, so I used the chassis from one splitter and put both splitters on opposite sides.

I use RF multi with QRX200 (lower blocks TX), QRX100 block 25 and Lectro SRB block 26. It works like a charm both with dipole antennas and Zaxcom Bluefins. 

Whilst I don't have the technical knowledge to contradict the above arguments, this rig has undeniably been satisfactory to me.