Protective sleeves for NP1 batteries

jayhartigan

I read some verbiage that you can have one battery and two spares for each device.

iPowers are like disposables, and there are limits too. Don't remember what they are. But TSA probably thinks they're alkaline anyway. I'm not sure there's anything which "detects" lithium. If they recognize it as a lithium battery, then they interpret the rules as they see fit.

Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. I'd rather source batteries wherever I'm going, if possible.

Some time back I got a really good deal on a large number of the vinyl zipper pouches that Shure mics come in. They're handy for many things, including as a nifty NP-1 case. That's how I usually carry mine.

I also have an ideal size nylon zipper case that I bought several years back when I was wearing lots of gear on a belt. I found it at Gander Mountain. It was made for a certain model Magellan handheld GPS unit.

You guys do realize that the reason you shouldn't check the batteries is because they could catch fire, don't you?  Don't know about you, but I don't want to take that chance with a plane I'm flying on, let alone my gear:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-08/undeclared-batteries-sparked-plane-fire-at-melbourne-airport3a/5728574