Jeff Bridges as Sound Mixer

cmgoodin

I don't know how many of you bothered to go to the website Squarespace setup to go with a Superbowl commercial for Jeff Bridges.  Very weird.  It is kind of funny to watch Jeff Bridges traipsing around in the dark in Temescal Canyon with a bag rig and fishpole Recording his "relaxing Sounds for his album "Dreaming with Jeff"  Some of the tracks are mildly amusing and certainly interesting in an audio perspective.

Can't figure out if it is sincere and on the level or just a viral video designed to promote SquareSpace.

Fun for a little diversion.  And if you download it and donate the donations go to Jeff's favorite charity.

http://www.dreamingwithjeff.com/#!/jeffstutorial

The Album for streaming or download:

http://www.dreamingwithjeff.com/#music-section

The point is for SquareSpace to post an interesting website during the Super Bowl and show that their magic can keep your site online, even if 40,000,000 people may hit it all at once. 

Bingo. That, and to show that you can have a presence online for your business, no matter what it is, without any technical knowledge (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, etc.).

I like Jeff Bridges and think it's an interesting concept, but question how many people would opt to listen to sleep recordings during a Super Bowl -- if that's their game plan ( pun intended).

Even just a million people hitting the website in the same 30 second window is an incredible surge that would take down many servers.... Or your server cuts your traffic off till your next billing period. That's one place SquareSpace shines. If your website/product/whatever became an overnight hit, they will keep serving the pages.

They also have what appears to be a really good WYSIWYG site builder, e-commerce tie-ins etc, so it's easy to sell a product. Physical or digital.

I'm not a customer of theirs, but they let you build a site without a credit card, and it will stay up for a month or something. I tried it a few years ago just to see what they were offering, and it was definitely interesting. just nothing that I needed.