COS-11 windscreen

Jack Norflus

Has anyone else been having issues with COS-11 windscreens lately? I reciently have had several get lost on shoots. Upon further examination I see that the rubber gasket inside the windscreen has changed from the old style ones.

I called plus 24 and they told me that the design has changed because the old design was occasionally ripping the grill of the mic head.

Plus 24 also said I'm the first person to complain about the new design windscreens falling off so easily.

So my question is am I the only person who is having this problem - or is just no one else calling to complain?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep same here. New ones suck. I complained to my dealer too. They contacted Japan and the reply was that is how they are now.

I have about 40 x COS11 so it's very very annoying for me. I've lost many and I'm not buying new ones, no point they'll just get lost too.

I still have some with the rubber ring inside, never any issues with those.

YES!!!! I did a shoot over the last few days and I noticed they have changed the design and they don't fit. The bit which contacts the mic is ribbed rather than solid. I'll post a pic tomorrow. It's the 1st time I've ever lost a cos-11 pop shield. Was on a building site (the London Olympic stadium) so no chance of finding where it flew off to.

YES here too. i was confused to which ones were old ones and which ones were new ones. happened to me twice on a show recently and i blamed the talent for futzing with his tie mic but later realized it might have been this new design flaw. was reimbursed but had a few extras so i didnt order new ones yet. the few i have i put tiny slivers of black moleskin to make the contact to the mic tighter which has helped. now i will hold off on ordering new ones until there is an update.

-Ken

i will hold off on ordering new ones until there is an update.

As per my conversation with the gentleman from plus 24 the other day (sorry I don't remember his name - but perhaps it was Paul) he said that this is the new design and there is no update to it as far as he was aware of. So since I was the first person who complained to him Sanken isn't aware of the issue and nothing will change. So unless more of us make them aware that the new design sucks nothing will change. So contact plus 24 and or your dealer and let them know.

Hello All!

I am posting this on behalf of plus24, Sanken's North American Distributor. We are very sorry that these new windscreens are causing problems, and we thank you very much for bringing the issue up. With this influx of further information, we've reopened the subject with the factory engineering and R&D team. We sincerely appreciate your comments and will strive to reach some resolution.  

Thank you!!

Hello All!

I am posting this on behalf of plus24, Sanken's North American Distributor. We are very sorry that these new windscreens are causing problems, and we thank you very much for bringing the issue up. With this influx of further information, we've reopened the subject with the factory engineering and R&D team. We sincerely appreciate your comments and will strive to reach some resolution.