Soundfield SPS 200 connector

Pablo Villegas

Hello,

I want to make an extension cable for my SPS 200 mic and was wondering if anyone knew the reference number for this connector. It looks like a regular 10 pin hirose connector but instead of being push/pull, it has a locking thread. I'm having a hard time finding it on the hirose website and contacted TSL (soundfield) a few days ago, but haven't received a reply.

Thanks,

Pablo

post-244-0-74122800-1423249518_thumb.jpg

This looks like it to me: http://www.markertek.com/product/e10m/eiaj-circular-10-pin-male-connector

Although male, there must be females nearby...

And I like what I think I see on your table: a 3d printing wind basket for the SPS200? If so, what do you cover it with? Love to hear how you like it, how much breeze it can handle, etc.  I use a stereo rycote AE for mine but something smaller would be nice.

And as soon as I saw the TSL/Bextel (US importer) price $$ for an extension cable, I also began searching for parts to make my own... but I question my soldering skills for such fine work. Besides, the cable & parts aren't exactly cheap.

Peter, like Glen said, it's a cinela Leo, but it's there because I was trying to 3D draw one to adapt it to the SPS200 but it proved easier said than done. I currently have it on a Rycote kit 4, but I'm looking for a smaller footprint. The mic is not extremely sensitive to wind, so I figured the cinela cage with decent fur would suffice.

I have a project coming soon that requires me to be far from the mic and that's why I'm looking to make an extension. With the right tools and parts it should be quite easy. But the trick is finding the right parts... The link you shared is for a bigger connector.

Once I find the part I'll share it here.

Peter, like Glen said, it's a cinela Leo, but it's there because I was trying to 3D draw one to adapt it to the SPS200 but it proved easier said than done. I currently have it on a Rycote kit 4, but I'm looking for a smaller footprint. The mic is not extremely sensitive to wind, so I figured the cinela cage with decent fur would suffice.

I have a project coming soon that requires me to be far from the mic and that's why I'm looking to make an extension. With the right tools and parts it should be quite easy. But the trick is finding the right parts... The link you shared is for a bigger connector.

Once I find the part I'll share it here.

maybe someone has a used zephyx for sale :

http://www.cinela.fr/catalog.php?pid=58

The problem with the Pianissimo is the cable, this is a Phillipe reply about this:

"We could also deliver units right now...but we need plugs to make a specific flexible extension inside the windshield. To be seen with Soundfield, or using an existing extension..."

P.S. Any progress with the connector?

Soundfield made a special version of the SPS-200, with the suffix -SB, which had a sort of built-on Zephyx. It was very expensive and pretty unwieldy and I wasn't that thrilled with the entire set-up and sold it on. As far as the extension cable is concerned, you could just put together a four-way XLR multi: probably cheaper, too!

Regards,

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pablo,

I've found a couple of companies that list the in-line connectors as Soundfield spares: part numbers 410-401 for the female, and 410-402 for the male, at $41 each. This company seems to be a sales outlet for TSL so they may be able to help:

Bexel TSS, West 2701 N. Ontario Street, Burbank, CA 91504

Phone: 800.842.5111 & 818.565.4339

email: BexelTSS@bexel.com

Worth a try?

Regards,

John