wireless stationary

Symbioth

Hello guys!

Just got a project job and they have a kind of wierd demands.

They want in-ear systems, but both transmitter AND reciever should be stationary, without any batteries in the reciever...so I can't use any in-ear systems I know.

Shame to confess, but I never faced this kind of wireless systems before..I mean pro types.

They don't want portable recievers with batteries, and shipping those adapters(can't remember the model) for Sennheiser to Ukraine is kind of hard now.

Someone got any advice on that?? Please?)

Thanks!

There are a couple of ways this can be dealt with, but with the current gear we normally work with it's all kind of McGuyver'ed and creates a lot more work to get done. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like that there will be no transmitters or receivers on the talent? If this is the case then I'm assuming this is talking head stuff? If people are moving around I don't see how this will work at all because if there are no batteries involved then that means everything is tethered to power and that means running cables all over the place. Am I understanding this correctly?

I don't understand this at all. The in-ear monitor is a receiver, right? It's going to need a battery, right? If it's all hidden, what's the big deal? I think we have a terminology problem here and there seems to be some confusion whether we are talking about microphones or ear(phones) or what. Some clarification is necessary before any of us can even start to offer up suggestions.

Sorry for my bad English guys. This is not for TV or Film. This is kind of installation.

The result is to have a port for headphones(let's pretent it's near the sofa or smth.) but the place is kind of luxury mancion and they don't want any cables around. Basically I need wireless transmission from a TV to a headphones, but without any battery replacement or maintanance. So I'm looking for an in-ear reciever which I can power with DC. Hope that's understandable)

Thanks Mungo, that is an option.

There are lots of externally powered receivers from most wireless companies, that coupled with a headphone amp would give you a headphone jack at your destination (couch?). Off the top of my head there are less transmitters made that are powered externally, but they are out there. Lectro sm series with a battery eliminator would suit your needs well.