Doco Filming in the Philippines - Radio Mics

bbloges

Hey Guys, 

I'm new here and I've done a few searches looking for the info I need but haven't quite found an answer to my specific question.

I'm shooting for 3 weeks in the Philippines on a doco - I'm setting up an audio rig with 2 radio mics (along with a boom). Nothing too strenuous, no water action, just interviews etc We'll be in Manilla but also Davao City.

Only thing is I can't find any info on the restricted frequencies inside the Philippines. So I'm a bit confused as to which of the below options would work best for in country shooting....

So my three options for radio mics are:

Sennheiser EW 100 ENG G3-B

Sennheiser EW112-p G3 

Sennheiser EW122-p G3 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I went there few times between 2011-2013 with gear (302 + 744t + Lectro etc.)

No one saying anything. In the custom check point before I went out of the airport. They did ask me what inside of the pelican. I told them its audio mixer, kind of like a DJ :) playing music. ( I could tell them I am a doc sound mixer, however that might make them confuse of what I do and what is doc audio mixer etc. I went to a easy explanation.) Never open the pelican.

When I came out from the airport. It's free of rule I guess. At least for me, no one bothered.

Good luck.

It's hot there tho!

For what it's worth, customs never, ever have the slightest interest in what frequencies your radios are, no matter where in the world you are.

Jon's right, customs won't care what radio mics you have.

I spent two weeks shooting all over Metro Manila in 2012 using 3 or 4 channels of Audio Ltd 2040s on UK CH38/39/40, i.e. 606-630mhz with no problems whatsoever.