No audio getting through my TRX 742. Analogue cone.

stevejacksonsound

So, big problem. My analogue cone won't pass any audio signal. It will power my cmit 5 (the led's light up when plugged in), but I can't get a feed through it. I tried various analogue mics to the same effect.

My digital cone works 100%, and the pins on the analogue cone seem intact after running the meter across them.

Has anyone encountered this before? I'm using the latest software if that helps.

Many thanks,

Steve.

I had my analogue cone go bad,  but it was my ( actually my friend did the rewire)  fault.  I changed the orientation of the xlr plug so it sat on my loon boom and enabled the swing door to open ok. Not sure what happened, but it was definately our fault, not a zaxcom problem.

i sent it in and Colleen had it fixed right away and back to me. 

Ah I see. We haven't rewired it before and the problem arose after I changed batteries. It was working fine, changed batts, then it wasn't. Kind of baffled! So maybe there was some damage that we knocked over the edge.

I emailed Howy and he's stumped so I'm sending it in.

Thanks for the help!

I had a similar problem with my 742 after a battery change. All of a sudden after the new batts were in it decided that it was a 900 series Tx. Called Zaxcom and got the secret menu reset code and voila. Apparently the 900 series is digital only. When this happened the Phantom Power menu dissapeared...which was my first clue that something was wrong. See if the Phantom Power menu is there...if it is you probably need to return to the mothership for a tweek.