Personal Worst. AKA the terrible drive in double features from our past.

old school

I found this picture of me booming on "Welcome to Spring Break". Boom mic is aimed away from set because apparently Italian has be spoken in a very dynamic manner to be effective. We are on the Boardwalk in Hollywood Beach, just north of the band shell location used in Body Heat.

post-72-0-09250100-1432395600_thumb.jpg

Yes, true.  I worked on "The Californians" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377043/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1), and the people were generally very nice, the actors were quite good and well known, everything went well and the director was a real gentleman.  But the movie, in the end….     I hate it when nice folks make bad movies.

philp

Check out "Alien Zone",It had nothing to do with aliens or space.Came out in 1978 and was called originally "Five Faces Of Terror".It was shot in Oklahoma and had a bunch of fun.

J.D.

Yes, true.  I worked on "The Californians" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377043/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1), and the people were generally very nice, the actors were quite good and well known, everything went well and the director was a real gentleman.  But the movie, in the end….     I hate it when nice folks make bad movies.

This is sadly true. And so is the opposite: some of the meanest, most difficult people I've had to work for wound up making very good movies. One wishes there was some reasonable compromise between the two. 

• 4 weeks later...