Using Neumann Kmr81i in a Rycote WS3 Kit ?

Oscar

First read, then write! ...;-)

I found an answer myself in another thread. not very precise but it seems to be working:

A picture to illustrate how it looks would be nice. What does panamic suspension mean? a modified rycote suspension or kind of a floater?

Panamic was a different brand suspension that worked with rycpte zeps.

This what I have used as my main mic set up for years now. KMR81i with short Panamic suspension and a rycote WS3 basket and size 3 windjammer. The only difference from stock is that I now use O rings instead of clips in the suspension( I recently switched to this after working with John Zecca from the USA and seeing his PSC suspensions ) . The combo with a panamic boom is so quiet I haven't felt the need to change it. I think the rycote mount should fit, the mic is very compact with right angle tails. I do have an OSIX suspension for my Schoeps which is very very good but I really prefer the sound of the neumann generally and this set up is great.

( just saw I replied to the other thread also)

First of all, thanks for your replies. I've never used Panamic. i guess it's more common in USA... But I'll try the WS3 Combo with the original suspension Version...

by the way, have you guys ever thought of or felt need for a 18db boost? check this: http://www.tritonaudio.com/index.php?option=com_simpleshop&Itemid=30&cmd=product&product=10&catName=Pro%20Audio

I am just checking one. having been skeptic of course... So far my research has seen that it really does boost around 18dB. But of course there's also noise added. But it seems the ratio is okay. so you gain a little... and on weak preamps you gain more of course then with really good ones. Seems that on sounddevices for example it makes sense...

Neumann miks having more output than Sennheiser MKH's sound exciting doesn't it?

If theres interest I can post more on this...

well, I see there's a point in your questions. It's some while ago when I was working with the oldest crappiest mixers from university that I actualy missed sensitivity and suffered from pre-amp noise. but there are siuations sometime when it could be more output.

I could imagine making use in the situation also where you want to use dynamic mics instead of condenser

or

to use the sounddevices gain-level knobs on "low" settings and therby gain a little bit of signal-noise ratio. even if it's just 3db.

well I guess I should make more tests and open a new topic. my interest for the fethead was based on the following article : http://fieldrecording.de/2014/09/19/review-triton-audio-fethead-fethead-phantom-in-line-preamp/

(german only, sorry)