Zaxcom IFB 100

Brian Murrell

i believe that the ifb100 can be up and down graded between 7.30p and higher as it doesnt have a UHF amp which is where the power calibration was changed.

though when i last looked, you dont have the option to choose ifb low quality in the latest version of software, which means that updating erx units takes an astonishingly long time. (though that may have changed since i last tried which was about 8.7 something)

dont know that there is a great deal of functionality you would miss between 7.30p and the latest version on an ifb100.

FWIW, in my IFB100, although not always necessary, I typically install whatever the latest version is that I'm using on my transmitters.

If you do that, be sure and confirm that all features are worked correctly. I ran into one update that didn't allow all IFB100 features to work. After alerting Howy (Zaxcom software guru), a revised, and properly working, version was quickly issued.