LarryF

post-125-0-90441600-1424721855_thumb.jpg

The DuoPack is now in stock at Lectro.

• Accepts SR/SR5P Series slot receivers
  • Dual 3.7V Li-Poly 3000mAh batteries
  • Up to 17 hours operating time per charge
  • Built-in recharging circuitry
  • Dual, balanced audio outputs

The DUOPACK adds a rechargeable battery pack to an SR Series receiver, allowing it to operate as a stand-alone device, further expanding the versatility of this product family.

Two lithium-polymer flat battery packs, one on each side of the assembly, provide enough capacity to operate the receiver for up to 17 hours per charge.

The control and connector panel includes audio and power connectors, an operating mode switch and battery charging circuitry. The unit can be operated from the internal batteries with an external power supply connected, or from external DC only.

http://www.lectrosonics.com/US/Wireless-IFB/product/482-duopack.html

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

This is awesome/something I have been wanting for a long time. Thanks for continuing to innovate so much, Lectro!

I've been waiting even longer.(!)  It is a painful, slow process getting approvals on even a simple device. We only have North American approvals since European testing (CE mark) would have cost an additional $10k. We can't justify that for such a specialized device. We will see down the road but I don't think the Euro quantities will be sufficient.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

One more note, from Wes in production:

Hi Larry,

I forgot to mention:  If customers interested in the DUOPACK already own an SRUNI adapter, no other purchase is required.  If they do NOT own an SRUNI, they will want to purchase an SRDB25 adapter plate (essentially an SRUNI without the additional mechanical adapter parts required for Unislot cameras -- saving some money).

Bruce, can you make sure our webpage notes this fairly prominently somewhere?  I'd hate to start shipping these, then have a customer not be able to use it because of a missing backplate.

Thanks,

Wes

Larry,

If this unit is plugged into external power, which then loses power, will it switch over to this battery unit? Or is it like the 411, which requires power cable to be pulled out in order to use 9v batteries inside?

Hi Robert,

The unit will not switch automatically from external DC to the internal batteries, but the power cable does not need to be unplugged to use the batteries -- flipping the switch from "EXT DC ONLY" to "BAT/CHG" or vice-versa changes the mode of operation.

Best,

Wes Herron

Lectrosonics

Hi again Robert,

I realized I inferred that your question was geared toward "What happens if I'm running external power and that power source is cut off?", which may or may not have been correct.  So, to be perfectly clear:

1) When the switch is set to "EXT DC ONLY", the receiver will be powered from the external DC source only.  If that power source is shut off, dies or otherwise fails, the receiver will also shut off immediately.  No internal battery charging to the DUOPACK exists in this state, nor is there any draw on the internal batteries.  This way you can control power to the receiver with one master switch.

2) When the switch is set to "BAT/CHG", the receiver will be powered from the DUOPACK's batteries.  If there is no DC source plugged into the jack, the batteries will drain; if there is a (powered) DC source plugged in, the batteries will charge and also run the receiver.  Power to the receiver is not interrupted if the DC source dies or is disconnected while the switch is set to "BAT/CHG".

Depending on the power source, the batteries *should* charge faster than the receiver draws them down when external DC is plugged in and the switch is set to "BAT/CHG".

Best, and sorry for any confusion,

Wes Herron
Lectrosonics