I have been using Boom Recorder successfully with my MacBook Pro and a Mackie Onyx 1620i mixer, with the Firewire option. I recently upgraded to 8.5.0 and the MacBook Pro is running Yosemite.

I have worked with this setup without a problem, until today. We did several setups without incident until, around 10am, I lost timecode and the software aborted the take. Luckily I was able to switch to my backup recorder, but I lost a couple of takes and, more importantly, production had to wait for us.

I restarted and did all the pertinent troubleshooting things and it eventually came back, but it's not reliable, and it cuts off eventually.

Timecode comes from a Denecke SB3, feeding track 16. During my troubleshooting I noticed that BR sometimes doesn't recognize the Mackie. I wonder whether I'm missing something that would cause this intermittent problem.

I'm on set right now, and will be working on this project (national TV commercial) the rest of the day and tomorrow, and am quite baffled. I would love to resolve this and keep working with BR. Any tips you may have, please feel free to text me at eight-one-eight-640-6268 or email me at blaskisic-at-mac-dot-com.

Thanks in advance!

BK

There's the old standby of trashing App preferences..

nl.vosgames.BoomRecorder.plist file in your home Library/Preferences folder  

Then reset in Preferences which port your timecode is coming from

Thanks, Mark.

Will check that out and report back.

In the meantime, I bought a new FW cable and will install it as suggested by Philip, which can't hurt…

Cheers,

BK