Routing Nomad 10

boodschap

Hello all,

I just got my Nomad 10 in and want to use it on a job tomorrow.

I'm trying to figure out the routing. I want to record all 6 inputs PFL and two mixes from the 6 inputs assigned to the faders.

I can't seem to figure out how to route it. I'm not yet familiar with all the zaxcom terms.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Just assign your output busses to a card track.

Go to your card mix assign (press bus key and scroll to card mix matrix) and press the bus key to find your output bus assign they are listed in your card assign menu as o1, o2, o3, o4, o5 and o6. Then assign them to the card track you want to record them on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the nomad and maxx. I have no idea why Zaxcom doesn't implement their record routing on the nomad to be the same as the maxx.

The nomad u need to assign card tracks 1 through 12. Pre or post. Digital or analog.

The maxx is much slicker for routing the recordings. I haven't been able to think of a reason why not on the nomad. You scroll until you reach your desired track and gender (pre or post ) and good to go.

Just assign your output busses to a card track.

Go to your card mix assign (press bus key and scroll to card mix matrix) and press the bus key to find your output bus assign they are listed in your card assign menu as o1, o2, o3, o4, o5 and o6. Then assign them to the card track you want to record them on.

On my N10 I can only assign outputs 1-4 to card tracks not 5 & 6 is that different on any other Nomads?

I have the nomad and maxx. I have no idea why Zaxcom doesn't implement their record routing on the nomad to be the same as the maxx.

The nomad u need to assign card tracks 1 through 12. Pre or post. Digital or analog.

The maxx is much slicker for routing the recordings. I haven't been able to think of a reason why not on the nomad. You scroll until you reach your desired track and gender (pre or post ) and good to go.

I feel exactly the opposite. I don't like scrolling through a menu to route an input to a track. The matrix is more flexible, and more efficient when changing often. You have the ability to route multiple inputs to a single track. Also includes the ability to route inputs phase reversed to a track for live ms decoding without taking up two outputs.

I love the flexibility also... but also like being able to assign card tracks to whichever input in one menu. Post or Pre.  

On the nomad you also have to remember which card busses are routed where... before enabling the record routing. Easier to make mistakes in quick situations where changes are being made.   Maybe it's just me,  definately not as quick to change the config IMO.

Anywho,  small complaint on a great product.

It's interesting how we all interact with our equipment differently. The menu routing and no matrix record enables is one of the many things that bothers me about the maxx interface, and I find much less efficient. If you only have one or two inputs being used it's easy, but with many radios, and a mix of digital and analog inputs, I prefer to set my tracks up, leave them setup, and then arm/disarm then. Having to reroute them every time I find to be cumbersome, and I make more mistakes this way. This is one of several reasons I plan on selling my maxx.