Absurd metedata on SD633 with firmware 1.04

Siddho

since i updated to firmware 1.04 i am getting some very strange metadata on my CF card with the SD633.

i have posted on the SD forums and am waiting a concrete reply but i though i might ask here incase anyone is also noticing this behaviour.

the problem:

on the CF card the date stamp is set to 32/12/235!!! and the time stamp to 00:00.

everything else, including the timecode, is correct.

on the SD card, for the identical take, all is ok apart from the date stamp which is set to the end of the recording and not the start (as i guess is should be).

also, occasionally, i get a warning on start that the system date and time are incorrect and to please change etc. which i do.

the way i managed to get this problem to go away, at least for a couple of days, was to reinstall 1.04, then trash all my settings and go back to factory default and start from scratch. but after two days the problem returned without me having changed any settings wahtsoever.

the recordings are all fine but this prohibits my giving the CF to production at the end of the days shoot. fortunately the SD is almost OK!

unfortunately this doesnt inspire confidence in the recorder for me at the moment.

i have only approved Sandisk cards (several CF and SD cards) which have been flawless for a year.

anyway, it would be silly if a brand of CF card was causing the recorder to time stamp 32/12/235! it sounds like a coding problem to me but i could be wrong of course.

any ideas what to do apart from waiting for a solution from SD??

post-8064-0-42303200-1425927360_thumb.jp

post-8064-0-78054600-1425927371_thumb.jp

Siddho,

Please save a copy of your setup and send it to support@sounddevices.com.

When you get the System Date/Time warning, is the System Date and Time correct?

[Edited to add:]

Also, look at the CF card on a computer system.  It is likely this is just an issue with the file display in the 633.  The actual file time/date stamps should be fine when viewed in Finder or My Computer.

hi Matt,

thanks for your reply.

i will send the settings to SD tomorrow.

and yes, when i get the warning, the system time and date are correct and dont need any resetting or further correction, although i have tried both resetting the date and time and ignoring the warning, both to no avail.

regards,

Siddho

ps. on the PC Waveagent also shows the dates to be 32/12/235.

post-8064-0-57108400-1425937982_thumb.jp

post-8064-0-57108400-1425937982_thumb.jp

had this happen a couple times in the past prior to 1.03 or .04 so its not a new firmware issue. seemed to manifest a couple times after a lockup/force reboot….or dates were precursor to the lock up, one or the other…..

Hello to all.

I had a very similar problem a few weeks ago. Didn't had time to much investigate it, but as I recollect:

I was shooting, and between two takes, when going into record, I had a screen warning (didn't note the exact formulation) saying something about a not existing day folder or a problem with date, I can't remember. Since there was rush, I just said OK, and went on recording.

It turned out that scene began again at 1, and since I already recorded previous n°1, n°2, etc.. scene the very morning, a A was appended to the file name to avoid name collision (since all audio files still were in the same right folder of the day).

So I had a SCENE_T01.WAV and a SCENEA_T01.WAV file, etc.. exactly as shown on the capture screen of the first post.

Just after rec, I quickly tried to play the files (new and old) and since it played back OK, I figured I would check latter the name problem.

Using Waveagent, it turned out that new files had a problematic date in metadata:

It was truncated: 27/02/201 instead of 27/02/2015.

I corrected it, as well as renumbered correctly the takes, and removed the A in the SCENE, and renamed the files.

Sorry if my post doesn't bring much information, It was too much rush to actually stop and analyse the issue, alas. But at least you know that this seems to happen for several persons.

I never encountered such a behavior before, and I just installed 1.04 firmware: it was my first shooting with it. SD card was the tried and true one, sold by SD with the 633.

Best regards.