Booming in rain

Rasmus Wedin

This one's been working for me. Cut from plastic air conditioner filter (polypropylene?), laced together with cable ties, and used Goop adhesive to hold in a lining of Saran Wrap to keep water off the Zep itself. Held on with a small bungee. Drains & dries quickly, minimal shedding, and under $10 all in.

post-1416-0-77556600-1427149230_thumb.jp

post-1416-0-68199500-1427149262_thumb.jp

Go to a fabric store and look for the batting, which is what is inside the rainman i'm assuming. Get the thickest polyester one you can. Wrap it around the zepp until it is an inch or so thick. Then find something to hold it in place and you will be good to go. 

Also, if the rain is really coming down, put some kind of glove over the cuff of your jacket or the rain will run down your arm and soak you from the inside of your jacket. I usually just use some of those black rubber serial killer gloves they have at Home Depot.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

shooting a lot with rainmaker right now. Using the Rainman by Remote Audio. Problem is: the water channels through the material and exits to the front. The Boom traditionally is just above the actors head and now the water dripping out of the RM is right in front of the actors face. Looks different than the normal rain.