Location Mixer needed for Doc April 2 and April 7 in Washington DC and Annapolis, MD

Hi, passing along this opportunity that came my way…if there are any local mixers in the Baltimore/DC area looking for a couple days of work.  

I believe they are looking for someone with a package including 2 wireless lavs and that the day rate is $250.

Anyone interested in this go ahead and get in touch with the producer:

Allison Behringer

behringer.allison@gmail.com

The text below is from the producer, please contact her directly, thanks.

Danny

-----------------------

...I am looking for a sound engineer for a one day shoot in DC (April 2nd) and one day shoot in Annapolis (April 7th). The project is an independent documentary feature, following an activist character and a researcher/doctor (I'm happy to explain more). The shoots are verite primarily. Both characters are dynamic and fascinating - the shoots will be interesting.

Looking for someone on either April 2nd or April 7th.  I would prefer to hire the same person for both days if possible, but it’s not mandatory.

If it was a 1 hour shoot, across the street from my house, and I was not otherwise interested in just drinking beer on my deck then ...... maybe........... ahhhhhhh.... No to that too.  Good grief.

At what point does ignorance cross over to insulting? 

• 2 weeks later...

Just consider the gig sitting in with a garage band. Ms. Behringer is looking for a bass player for the gig at the frat house. Hopefully she'll find a friend because Charlie Haden is dead, Tony Levin is busy, and Les Claypool doesn't take direction.

Besides, with a name like "Behringer" you expect top dollar? :-)

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Home.aspx

These sort of "job offers" from indie projects don't bother me. These sort of things from people who should be paying better do, of course.