Deva Software

Sound Intuition

I am currently using version 3.43 and have had no problems with it. I can do variable folders playback DVD's and anything else I need. The series I work on is doing an 18 day shoot. Normally we do 8 days per episode so my folder #'s have been no problem up till now. Is there a software version that will let me do more than four digits for folder names? Our post department has had me change from fat 32 to UDF because of supposed drop out issues. Has anybody else experienced this. I can not playback from the internal DVD drive in UDF and has been a bit of a pain.

Thanks crew:

I think it may be because the Deva is dos based and in the old days you could not do long folder names in windows. I have a couple of drives that I use and swop out. I might keep one with the UDF software just in case but update at least one other and try that. It's not that hard to go back as I've got the different versions burnt to disk anyway. Off topic but I enjoyed reading the thread you restarted. My boom op whose been with me for almost 17 years got a chuckle anyway.

I believe that the current, most recent, software, supports 8 digit filenames.

I dont, however, have a machine or the version number near me. I think it is in 5.43u.

In fact - I just checked some notes - 8 digit filenames were introduced in v5.36u.

Kindest regards,

Simon B

I am now rather less cavalier than I used to be with respect to software upgrades!!

I had a couple of really bad experiences, so now I usually wait until the machine is unlikley to be used in anger for a day or two after the upgrade - in order to give me time to look for little surprise 'features'.

Kindest regards to all,

Simon B

Thanks Simon, good to know. I always upgrade at the end of the year over the holidays. I look forward to larger file names.

CrewC