664 metadata/notes lost?

Vincent R.

Got an email from post production, stating all the notes fields are empty, when viewing my files in wave agent and protools. I am 100% sure I put notes during recording. End of day I gave card to data wrangler for 3 backups. It is a job/documentary I did more than 6 months ago so I don't have the files myself anymore to check it out quickly, I asked post to send me a folder to check out myself. First thing I thought was: do they might have a copy of the files or a re-export from some picture editor or so? They do can see the track names, but all the notes are empty. I have no clue why the meta data disappeared, never had a complaint about that. Recorded with 664. You guys got a clue or tip?

This is what I got from post (AVID) a few months back: they could not read the M-files metadata,but with P- files there where no problems.

This has been discussed here before....Edit said they needed an ALE (Cantar used that) a tekstfilereader in order to be able to read the metadata....I gave up and gave picturepost P-files and Audiopost P and M flies (they want the M-files)

That's the story on the elaboration of this issue.