Rechargeable Batteries for TX

Scott Selman

I'll second Rado. My powerex are now basically collecting dust. Much happier with with the panasonic pro for AA.

Anything that needs 9v I use Ipowers. They're good but I would have a spare charger on hand as I have blown two  chargers by accidentally putting batteries in the wrong polarity.

Haven't used a disposable battery since 2009. Just found a box of pro cell AA's in a cupboard that I had forgotten about. They were somewhat out of date and a couple were leaking. Never had a rechargeable leak. Someone might have a different story. Glad to be contributing less to landfill.

Ikea batteries (rebranded Varta) for AA, Soshine batteries for 9V.

The thing is, I always change batteries during lunch anyways, so I don't care much if they will last 6 or 8 hours, which is the difference ballpark we are talking about with cheap vs expensive batteries I guess.

Ikea batteries (rebranded Varta) for AA, Soshine batteries for 9V.

The thing is, I always change batteries during lunch anyways, so I don't care much if they will last 6 or 8 hours, which is the difference ballpark we are talking about with cheap vs expensive batteries I guess.

I had an 8.5hr "morning" the other day,  so it is important to have some reserve time in case things don't go to schedule.  I have been using ansmann2850 with good results but will try some black panasonic batts for comparison.

I recently started using rechargeable batteries and on several recommendations I went with the white eneloop. And I have been getting less that stellar performance with them in my LA transmitters. I need to do a controlled run test but it seems like I'm only getting around 2 to 3 hours at 125mw.

White eneloops are old discontinued Sanyo product.

Paasonic Pro are the way to go...

I recently started using rechargeable batteries and on several recommendations I went with the white eneloop. And I have been getting less that stellar performance with them in my LA transmitters. I need to do a controlled run test but it seems like I'm only getting around 2 to 3 hours at 125mw.

I have been using black eneloops for about a year and a half and they deliver great performance. They fall short a couple hours from the energizer lithiums but as long as you replace them at lunch they are solid. I use them in SMQVs at 250mw. Usually get about 7ish hours out of them. i use the white ones in lockits and slates. I can get almost a full week in a denecke slate with the white ones. Also saves a lot of money in batteries which production really appreciates. and I havent had a single battery go bad yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-3HCCA4BA-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSL28/ref=pd_sim_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1M8JTMY2YB3RF6F3TTYJ

I have been using black eneloops for about a year and a half and they deliver great performance. They fall short a couple hours from the energizer lithiums but as long as you replace them at lunch they are solid. I use them in SMQVs at 250mw. Usually get about 7ish hours out of them. i use the white ones in lockits and slates. I can get almost a full week in a denecke slate with the white ones. Also saves a lot of money in batteries which production really appreciates. and I havent had a single battery go bad yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-3HCCA4BA-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSL28/ref=pd_sim_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1M8JTMY2YB3RF6F3TTYJ

SMQV at 250mW? Why?

Just used a set of 8 Panasonic/Sanyo Eneloop Pro on a 3 week lifestyle show - got around 5-6 hours at 50mW with my Zaxcom LA2.6's.

Everything else (G3's, ERX's, Slate) uses Imedions.

Occasionally I'll break out the Lithiums for the TX's, i can get 12+ hours on the TRX's if I get the chance to sleep them enough. Went two days without changing a battery once. Only if extreme run time is needed.

Hey Jack, i just finished a run of tests on 2x zaxcom transmitters with the newer black eneloops - a trxla2.5 and a trxlanc block 20 both getting pretty close to equal results. just over 6 hours at 50mw and about 4 hours 45 minutes at 125mw. LREC, sanken cos 11D's attached, etc

-Ken