Scott Selman

Rechargeable Batteries for TX

I have both but prefer the Enloop pros... Why, because after a long time using them I am in a comfort zone due to them always working the way I want them to with no issues...at all..  Until that changes, the Enloop pros it is... a bit more price wise, but at this point, who cares.. The Ladda's are NOT my go to.... I use them for non mission sensitive uses...  If you can't get the Laddas from IKEA, just get the Pro Enloops and be done with it..

9 hours ago, Daniel Ignacio said:

The sole IKEA store in my state doesn’t have them, and an IKEA USA rep tells me most of their Midwest stores (Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin) are no longer ordering stock.

That sucks! I wonder why  not? They surely must be pretty popular!

31 minutes ago, SDsmixer said:

Ran across this video. Apologies if it's been posted. Fairly good comparison between the Enloop and Ikea Ladda. 

Skip to 5:05. Music bed is irritating as well the host. But info is nice. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=255&v=Jeo_hv-8bHI

This video is BS. There are better methods to check batteries. 

Under load EneloopPro rate higher then Ladda. 

Despite the author’s assessment, and his test (of seemingly one of each, once) - I would say they are not “the same”.

I have been using both brands for a while now. While they work very similar in practice, I have noticed that when using the IKEA Storhogen charger, the eneloops occasionally causes the the charger to signal an “error”. Moving one of those “error” batteries to the Powerex charger indicates the battery is slightly overcharged (still working fine). This has never happened for me with the Ladda 2450. Not sure what this means exactly. I have a hard time believing the ikea batteries have some kind of “smart tech” communication with the charger, that the eneloops don’t. Especially since they are lower priced.

Also - the ikea brand is rated for 1500 recharge cycles(!), eneloops for 500.

Running either of the two brands in a SMQV, until it shuts down, then recharging in the powerex, yields quite a bit better results than the video. Usually around 2600mah.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Karlsson said:

Despite the author’s assessment, and his test (of seemingly one of each, once) - I would say they are not “the same”.

I have been using both brands for a while now. While they work very similar in practice, I have noticed that when using the IKEA Storhogen charger, the eneloops occasionally causes the the charger to signal an “error”. Moving one of those “error” batteries to the Powerex charger indicates the battery is slightly overcharged (still working fine). This has never happened for me with the Ladda 2450. Not sure what this means exactly. I have a hard time believing the ikea batteries have some kind of “smart tech” communication with the charger, that the eneloops don’t. Especially since they are lower priced.

Also - the ikea brand is rated for 1500 recharge cycles(!), eneloops for 500.

Running either of the two brands in a SMQV, until it shuts down, then recharging in the powerex, yields quite a bit better results than the video. Usually around 2600mah.

+1

Very good assessment.

Also Ikea shielding seams to get damaged a lot easier then Eneloop Pro.

44 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

I haven’t had that happen, but I’m really  careful with gear in general... but hey, since they are $6.99 / 4-pack I’d be ok replacing them once in a while.

6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

That sucks! I wonder why  not? They surely must be pretty popular!

I was actually looking into purchasing some. Does anyone know where I can purchase some?

2 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

+1

Very good assessment.

I agree..they seem a bit softer of a jacket material.

Hard to argue with the 1500 charge cycles though..

14 hours ago, afewmoreyears said:

I have both but prefer the Enloop pros... Why, because after a long time using them I am in a comfort zone due to them always working the way I want them to with no issues...at all..

What issues do you personally encounter, exactly? I’m aware of Rado’s critique about the shielding, but I’ve quite literally seen nothing but praise about these batteries on this forum.

6 hours ago, Alejandro Reyes said:

I was actually looking into purchasing some. Does anyone know where I can purchase some?

IKEA’s website displays availability, though it’s not as up-to-date as the info you get from calling IKEA at +1 (888) 888-4532.     

Edited by Daniel Ignacio

7 hours ago, Alejandro Reyes said:

I do wonder if there is a Chinese source we could buy equivalents AA, just like these LADDAs, for those of us without a local  IKEA store to go to. 

Daniel,

No issues at all... I just have had such good luck with the Enloop pros I have not wanted to switch. The jacket as I said seems more fragile and softer on the LADDAs..  I have set up two batches of Enloops in chargers..and the LADDAs as I said I use for flashlights and such... They may actually be equals in power delivery, I just have not switched them to the mission critical use, transmitters..

I also bought the LADDA charger...  it works but I do not prefer it either... seems really slow.. again,  really slow....

5 hours ago, afewmoreyears said:

No issues at all... I just have had such good luck with the Enloop pros I have not wanted to switch.

Ah, I understand. Thanks for clarifying.