Lectro SSM

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little heat. All sealed but the battery compartment where there are gold contacts. The main compartment has a Goretex vent to equalize pressure in the unit. Lemo is not listed as waterproof but theatre users have reported few if any sweat problems with this connector on thousands of Senny systems.

Lef

I think the most important question hasn't been addressed yet: Will it be compatible with the Lectro screwdriver? I mean, I've got like 12 of these and would hate to get used to the ergonomics of a different one.

You can use the handle end of the screwdriver to press the buttons on the front.  It'll protect your fingers from the dreaded curse of EFP (Excessive Finger Poking).

You can use the handle end of the screwdriver to press the buttons on the front. It'll protect your fingers from the dreaded curse of EFP (Excessive Finger Poking).

None of my Lectro screwdrivers have a handle end, they have a handle middle. To press a button with the end is probably going to generate a lot of repair revenue for Lectrosonics

I think holding one of these is when you really appreciate the size. Very impressive work. If I was doing more narrative, I would definitely have at least 2 in the kit for select wardrobe situations. Seriously, see one in person when you get a chance.

Not sure how much I need it for reality work, especially when people seem ok with seeing transmitter lumps on a ladies' bra strap (argh).

post-876-14293904524103.jpg

Well at least let's hope the new Lectro screwdriver, if there will be one, will take care of that issue and our fingertips will get some rest! Maybe they could make just a handle with no screwdriver ends...

If we made one, it would come out in a little less than a year.

Best,

LEF

Both the TA5F and the SMA connector add more length to the SM than the corresponding  LEMO and rubber boot on the antenna add to the SSM. Of course if you aren't using the antenna on the SM, that might explain your range problem.

Best,

Larry F

Angelo, your information is incorrect and you have a basic misunderstanding of MARF. MARF is a lossless format that can be easily decoded to PCM or encoded to MP3. There are many legitimate things that you can criticize Zaxcom for, but this is FUD

There are some, erm... 'colourful' definitions of "FUD" available online. Having said that, there are some funny definitions of "MARF" as well.

dan.